- Communicate Recruitment Solutions Ltd
- London (Central), London (Greater) (GB)
- £80,000 - £100,000
- Closing date
- 7 Jun 2023
- Hospitality / Events
- Accounting, Finance, Risk / Compliance
- Senior Management, Department Head
- Contract Type
Communicate have collaborated with an International Events/Entertainment business in their search for a Financial Controller. The business has undergone a significant amount of change over the last two years, including a change in ownership in 2022.
The business is now in need of a first-class Controller to manage the controllership team and produce timely and accurate information. As a member of the senior management team, you will play a key role in the overall leadership of the wider business.
Reporting to the CFO you will be responsible for a large team, manage, and develop the Controllership function in an efficient and effective manner. You will coordinate this entire function across the business and provide reports for the executive management team.
The ideal candidate will have a high level of technical expertise with a distinct ability look ‘beyond the numbers’. This role will be the next step for a candidate with excellent career trajectory and ambitions to advance within the finance team.
- Managing the entire Financial Accounting process and teams
- Lead, develop and deliver a monthly executive dashboard
- Monitor changes in accounting standards and assess impact on the business
- Process improvement to improve accuracy and introduce efficiencies across the team
- Working closely with management and executive teams to share reports and analysis
- Lead, manage and deliver accurate and timely cash forecasts
- Manage foreign exchange exposure with a focus on securing the best FX rates
- Manage all internal and external audit processes
Qualifications / Experience Required:
- ACA Qualified with relevant PQE
- Strong IT skills including excel
- Ability to manage and prioritize your own workload and that of a team
- Previous media and entertainment experience is a plus
- Experience of accounts consolidation for a medium or large group
Communicate stands for excellence, entrepreneurialism and delivery.
Our aim is simple: to source and place the best candidates within timeframes which surpass those of other recruitment businesses. With 32% of placements made this year being at FTSE 100 companies, we feel we are living up to our aspirations.
Specialising in the placement of permanent and interim candidates for many of the world’s best companies, Communicate has earned an excellent reputation for providing fast and effective recruitment on a retained or contingent basis, without ever compromising quality. Indeed, despite the market average for finding new opportunities through word-of-mouth being just 18%*, this year, 67% of the placements made so far have been agency network, referred or headhunted candidates.
In addition, we are thought leaders, regularly appearing in national, regional and trade publications.
We are also market leaders. Our pioneering product – the Communicate Contingent Retainer – guarantees we fill vacancies within six weeks or refund all payments, in full, immediately. This means positions are filled with exceptional candidates at four times the speed of the industry standard and clients are not exposed to the 20% risk of paying for a service they do not receive, as is typical with most of our competitors’ retained assignments.
*Survey data collected from conversations with our leading clients in 2012 on sourcing candidates.
Commerce & Industry Finance, Treasury, Tax, Audit, IT, Executive Search (Senior Appointments).
Apply for Financial Controller
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert