General Manager - UK
- Page Executive
- England, Cumbria
- Car, Bonus, Healthcare, Pension
- Closing date
- 6 Jun 2023
- FMCG / Retail
- Executive Management
- Managing Director
- Contract Type
- Leading an established UK manufacturing site in Cumbria, the Managing Director will be brand focused and immersed in both existing retail relationships as well as strategically focusing on new partnerships
- Managing an established leadership team the General Manager - UK will be experienced in a leadership role and be comfortable inspiring and driving the growth across both operations and commercial teams.
We are Sealy United Kingdom - the manufacturer of premium sleeping solutions throughout the United Kingdom.
Our pursuit to refine and advance Posturepedic technology backed by orthopaedic research has resulted in world-class innovation that people love.
As part of a diversified global bedding company manufacturing, wholesaling, and retailing across 11 countries, and as a key strategic partner of Tempur Sealy International, the world's largest bedding manufacturer, we have operated a facility in Aspatria for over 50 years that manufactures premium Sealy bedding products for the UK market.
Our professional and engaged sales team partners with our national network of retailers to help millions of people achieve better sleep.
General Manager - UK
With 220 highly-skilled, highly valued UK employees, we have a passion for developing local expertise and talent and with our continued success and growth, there is now an exciting opportunity to join us in this key leadership role. Responsibilities to include:
- Development, direction and growth of Sealy's United Kingdom operations with a focus on retail dealer relationships, product quality and service.
- General management responsibility for assuring Sealy's long-term market share, sales and profit growth in the United Kingdom.
- Senior country leadership role with responsibility for developing, training and leading sales and manufacturing teams.
- Strategic management of key business-focused projects.
We are looking to speak to Managing Directors/General Managers who understand the potential opportunity of leading a British based manufacturing site. You will be comfortable and experienced of working within small/medium size businesses and/or a family run organisation.
The importance of making and selling a consumer brand is essential, candidates will come from a consumer durables background (homewares, furniture etc) and have experience of selling into UK retailers including ecommerce. This is a hands on role that requires weekly presence in the HQ in Cumbria; candidates will need to be prepared to stay during the week or fully relocate.
Candidates will currently be in a General Management/MD level role and have knowledge of managing both commercial and operational leadership functions.
Examples of growing market share, solid relationships with UK retailers & launching a brand will be key.
You will have the ability to work under pressure within an outcomes-orientated, deadline driven environment and have a desire to pursue a General Management role in Aspatria, with some national and international travel as required.
General Manager - UK
-Competitive six figure basic depending on experience
-Performance related bonus
Page Executive is based across 25 countries, is a multi-discipline, multi-functional search business focusing on senior management, board and director level appointments and is part of Page Group, the world’s leading professional recruitment firm. The Search consultants are supported by sector-focused Research and Business Intelligence teams within each country.
Page Executive in the UK is dedicated to assisting clients with the identification, attraction and selection of the very best Leaders to shape their businesses for the future. With highly experienced teams across London, Birmingham, Manchester, Bristol, Leeds, Manchester and Scotland, we are a pre-eminent recruiter of director level staff across the UK.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert