Director of Strategic Adult Commissioning
- Liverpool City Council
- Liverpool, Merseyside (GB)
- £110,408 - £129,893
- Closing date
- 18 Jun 2023
- Government, Healthcare
- Contract Type
Liverpool is enjoying a dynamic and exciting period in its history. It has been substantially transformed within just a few short years to become a vibrant and successful city. The leadership of the council through our Leader Liam Robinson and Cabinet are determined to transform our services, underpinned by the Triple Lock commitment to social value, environmental sustainability and equality and inclusion at the core of all our decision making and policies, building an economy that serves the interests of the many, not the few. And now with the arrival of our new Chief Executive on the horizon, we are set to achieve our vision of becoming a thriving, sustainable, fair city for everyone.
We are now looking for a Director of Strategic Adult Commissioning who will report directly to the Corporate Director Adult Social Care and Health.
- Be accountable for the strategic management and leadership of the Council’s integrated commissioning arrangements within a single commissioning unit (Health, Adults, Children’s and Public Health).
- Devise and deliver the Council’s approach to integrated health commissioning working with relevant partners arising from the planned dissolution of the CCG.
- Develop and lead collaborative working partnerships with a range of external partners, delivering across organisational and local authority boundaries to secure City Plan outcomes and impact for every community.
What you'll need:
- A comprehensive understanding of local government and health integration together with the devolution of powers to local and city region level, the national and political context within which it operates and the current challenges and opportunities it presents.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience.
- Substantial senior management experience of social and health care services working corporately and with health partners in a large and complex public sector organisation, together with a deep and demonstrable understanding of working in a demanding urban context.
- A proven track record of improving services within social and health care environments and the ability to demonstrate improved outcomes.
- A successful track record of achievement including managing challenging change initiatives and exploiting new opportunities.
- Experience of leading and motivating significant numbers of staff in a demanding environment and demonstrating a successful track record of promoting equality and inclusion throughout a big organisation.
- Demonstrable record of managing large, complex budgets involving a range of funding streams.
- Evidence of success in delivering or facilitating major projects within tight budget constraints and with limited resources.
- Proven track record of effective programme and project management including evidence of delivering large scale projects achieving major savings and service transformation.
- Operational and strategic management experience of delivering high quality services in a multi-agency context. This includes direct service provision, commissioning and through partnering.
- Detailed knowledge of relevant legislation and regulatory frameworks for services within the children’s and Adults social care agenda, Public Health and the CCG.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to persuade and influence partners and stakeholders.
If you have a clear passion for adult social care and background in commissioning, we want to hear from you. For an informal confidential conversation please contact colleagues at Penna, Zara Bruton on 07743 980867 or via email@example.com or Amin Aziz on 07709514141 or via firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information please visit www.leadingliverpool.com
Closing Date for Applications Sunday 18th June 2023
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert