Non-Executive Director (Energy Networks Sector)
- Novo Executive Search & Selection Ltd
- London or Home Counties (Flex)
- Day Rate (£1,000 per day + Expenses)
- Closing date
- 11 Apr 2023
- Telecoms / Utilities, Energy
- Contract Type
- Contract / Interim
This fascinating energy sector organisation has been set up to help implement and oversee critical new governance arrangements in the industry. It is a not-for-profit organisation, totally funded by parties to the code under their respective licence to operate conditions. The organisation is here to promote innovation, competition and positive customer outcomes and their intention is to:
- Exhibit a best-in-class energy sector governance model – one that is flexible, dynamic and innovative
- Put energy sector consumer outcomes at the heart of everything it does – help new entrants with clear and thorough support
- Provide market participants with an accessible set of rules that are easy to understand and comply with, allowing them to go about their business informed, compliant and confident
- Ensure consumers can switch energy providers efficiently with positive experiences and outcomes
The organisation’s Board is made up of an Independent Chair and a small number of Directors chosen to represent different parts of the Energy industry. They also sit on the Boards and Executive Committees of other Codes.
Working with the Board, there is the requirement to recruit a Non-Executive Director for the company. The NED will work circa 18 days in the first year with the company and take part in regular Board meetings.
A key focus for the NED will be to:
- Ensure the company is up to speed at all times with understanding the UK energy networks marketplace, adapting to change where necessary
- Scrutinise and support decisions made by the Executive team
- Provide continual guidance to ensure the organisation serves its stakeholders in the best possible way
- Give independent strategic advice and oversight on the development and growth of the organisation
Relevant Experience & Knowledge
Suitable candidates will display the following objective experience:
- Broad and extensive knowledge of the UK energy market, in areas such as network operations and gas and electricity supply – for example they may have worked for a DNO or DSO
- Practical experience of network and transmissions businesses and / or supplier operations with a credible broad industry background (ideally networks)
- Awareness of relevant industry network and supply issues
- Understand energy networks and maybe supplier environments, the opportunities/constraints involved e.g. re network operators, their transition from DNOs to DSOs
- Have knowledge of the Big-Ticket Items and major challenges facing network businesses and suppliers
- Understanding of the enabling policy and governance framework for network operators
- Awareness of how networks can adapt in a low carbon manner, being up to speed on the latest innovation re. the transport of gas/electricity re net zero targets
The client is keen to appoint an individual into this position that is independent, representative and a “voice of the sector(s)”. Candidates could be generalists with good knowledge of both supply and networks, as opposed to being a specialist in just networks.
- Strong communication skills, able to impart well thought out views and opinions
- Comfortable working with the Board on key issues
- Highly credible, that engenders respect and trust amongst all stakeholders
- Able to build relationships with a range of key stakeholders
- An individual who is energetic and who wants to progress the remit
- Able to help develop the strategic direction of the organisation and plan for the future
- Flexible and responsive to new ideas
- Able/willing to travel to London
- Ability to attend virtually via video conference from home in the event physical attendance is not possible
- Approximately 18 days in the first year, ad hoc calls/meetings and participation in company events where possible
If you feel this opportunity is suitable and of interest, please email us your CV in the first instance.
New client enquiries- Dale Perrett (Director) firstname.lastname@example.org tel 01275 375588 Ambition, creativity, passion, intelligence. Novo is an executive research company which strives to provide its clients with the most innovative research methodologies in order to provide a competitive advantage through high value human resource and consultancy services.
Clients retain our services when they are looking to achieve positive change, growth and competitive advantage. Clients range in scale from start-ups, to privately-held family firms, and to the world’s largest corporations. Our consultants offer a professional service, working ethically and with integrity to establish strong relationships with clients. Novo invests heavily in training and development ensuring that all of our consultants apply the most reliable and effective tools and techniques for solving clients’ problems in a consistent manner. High staff retention rates enable Novo to form deep and lasting relationships with our clients and to become increasingly proficient at advising them. Our highly developed and sophisticated research capability allows us to quickly identify the best individuals in the marketplace for a specific set of defined core competencies. We work across a range of industry sectors, and have a broad understanding of the issues organisations face in each sector. In addition to understanding these factors, we recognise that there may be issues to overcome within the market, geography, culture and history.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert