Head of Supply Chain
- Michael Page Procurement & Supply Chain
- England, Staffordshire
- £65000 - £85000 per annum + car allowance, bonus, pension.
- Closing date
- 5 Apr 2023
- Supply Chain / Logistics
- Senior Management
- Contract Type
My fast-paced manufacturing client are looking to recruit an experienced Head of Supply Chain at their site in East Staffordshire.
My client based in Staffordshire are looking for a strong Supply Chain Manager to support them through a period of culture change and transformation, within a fast-paced manufacturing environment - servicing both the FMCG and Industrial sectors.
In this Head of Supply Chain role, you will lead and develop the end to end supply chain and warehousing function.
- Ensure that necessary cross functional processes are in place to ensure optimal planning Inc. integration of annual, monthly, weekly, and daily demand planning and execution
- Develop and facilitate an effective S&OP and S&OE process. Build a robust value add planning and scheduling process and coach the team on effective execution
- Establishing labour demand planning necessary to execute the production plan. Collaborates with Commercial, Operations, and HR to develop and support workforce planning
- Ensure the manufacturing operations are able to run optimally without interruption due to materials
- Optimisation of supply chain network at lowest cost and consistency of supply
- Develop necessary supplier strategy in partnership approach. Develop and execute best in class vendor rationalisation and management program
- Establish a logistics strategy to support the long-term business plan. Manage the entire warehouse, logistics and supply chain to ensure consistent and reliable supply network. Evaluate vendor reliability and quality performance and take action to ensure viable long term supply network
- Optimise the network to ensure lowest cost of distribution with ability to meet customer needs
- Demonstrable experience within inventory deployment, procurement, demand planning, and logistics, in support of manufacturing operations
- Proficient with ERP & relevant systems to support all aspects of planning, procurement, warehouse & distribution management
- Ability to develop and sustain a high performing team
- Advanced consulting, influencing and negotiation skills. Ability to ensure strategic alignment with multiple parties
- Strong project management and leadership skill, and able to assign priorities in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Ability to collaborate and bridge across functional boundaries
- Strong business acumen and able to develop a team that supports operations with a focus on both internal and external customer satisfaction.
As Head of Supply Chain, based at the Staffordshire site, you will be offered c. £70,000 - £80,000 dependent on experience and profile.
This is a fantastic opportunity to drive cultural change, challenge the status quo and make a real difference.
Michael Page is a specialist in procurement recruitment; handling permanent, contract and interim procurement jobs in the private and public sector.
Our teams specialize by region and industry sector to ensure in-depth market knowledge. This infrastructure also enables us to meet our customers and build strong, one-on-one relationships, allowing us to truly understand their requirements and deliver consistent results. Procurement jobs we recruit include:
- Procurement directors
- Category managers
- Indirect and direct strategic sourcing professionals
- e-Sourcing specialists
- Supplier relationship managers
- Commissioning specialists
- Procurement transformation leaders
- Purchase-to-pay systems specialists
We aim to deliver and develop world-class sourcing teams for our clients, and provide access to challenging opportunities to enhance the careers of our procurement job seekers.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert