Operations Director - Joinery Manufacturing
- Michael Page Engineering & Manufacturing
- England, West Yorkshire, Leeds
- £65000 - £75000 per annum + plus car, bonus and other benefits
- Closing date
- 4 Apr 2023
- Contract Type
A new vacancy has arisen for an Operations Manager at an assembly-based, joinery factory in Leeds.
Michael Page Engineering and Manufacturing are working exclusively on an Operations Director role with a bespoke joinery manufacturer in Leeds. Due to a retirement, my client is now looking to continue their success with a new Site Manager, focussing on the manufacturing operations side of the business.
The main responsibilities of this Site Manager role will be to ensure the manufacturing operations of the factory, production assembly and warehouse facility run smoothly.
Other day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Leading and developing a team of 70, split across two sites.
- Overseeing the smooth running of manufacturing, warehousing and assembly
- Managing site Health and Safety to ensure legal compliance
- Ensuring products are manufactured to a high quality standard and are delivered on time, in full
- Managing relationships and agreements with external partners, vendors and suppliers
- Responsibly for the operational budget, capital projects and business development
Successful candidates will have a strong joinery background and will possess:
- Extensive hands-on experience of managing production, warehousing and assembly in a joinery, cabinet or furniture manufacturing industry
- Knowledge of ERP or MRP systems
- Good communication skills and the ability to work well as part of a team
- An innovative and customer focussed approach
- A strong HSE practitioner and lean manufacturing mindset
- £65-75k plus package including car, bonus and private healthcare
Michael Page specialises in the permanent, temporary and interim recruitment of engineering and manufacturing professionals. We have a proven track record of completing assignments with organisations ranging from SMEs to blue-chip multinationals, through our consultative approach. We’ve earned the trust of businesses, nationally, within the industrial and FMCG sectors through building long-term, mutually beneficial relationships.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert