- Page Executive
- Competitive Package
- Closing date
- 30 Mar 2023
- FMCG / Retail
- Contract Type
- Key Leadership role for fast growth UK business
- Active Board member role
About Our Client
An established, growing UK business who specialise in sourcing, import and distribution of food products. Predominantly serving UK customers, including retailers, food services, manufactures, wholesalers and public institutions. With over 150 staff in the UK, this is a business with a clear purpose, strong ethics, positive culture and a people focus.
The Finance Director will be a key role in providing effective financial planning, financial control, financial compliance, process improvement and team leadership. The role will lead and manage the financial and I.T functions, ensuring all financial controls are implemented, adhered to, and controlled. As an active board member you will support the organisation with process and efficiency improvements and by partnering with each business unit.
- Full accountability and leadership of the finance function as well as leadership of the I.T function.
- Compliance with all accounting standards and procedures.
- Control of cash flow to ensure the business operates within its banking facilities.
- Maintain and develop robust financial systems and procedures.
- Responsibility for financial control and reporting business wide.
- Full FX currency management including reconciliation and control
- Ensure the support functions meet the needs of the business.
- Provide the leadership team and functional heads with business partnering, advice, insight and analysis as required.
- Lead and develop the relationship with trade credit insurers and test market to ensure best value.
- Review working locations for maximum efficiency.
- Management of stock levels
- Ensure board and company wide compliance to all group policies.
- Managing external relationships with banks, auditors, etc
- Ensure the import declarations and payments are accurate and balanced.
- Negotiate company wide insurances for UK business
- Act as a key business partner across the Senior Management Team
- Leadership and development of the finance team
The Successful Applicant
You will be a qualified Accountant with a proven track record within a similar leadership finance role, ideally having also been responsible for IT. Your background will ideally be within food import, distribution or processing sector and ideally a larger SME environment where your role has been "hands on" and detail orientated. You will be focused and determined and will have control of the day to day finance activities.
Above all, you will be an experienced candidate that can demonstrate attention to detail, integrity and strong financial control/technical skills. You will be detail and deadline orientated, with a continuous improvement mindset. You will be able to challenge and influence with confidence. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential as is the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with staff at all levels. You will be business-oriented, able to handle day-to-day operational finance, mid-term projects and financial strategy. You will be a strong leader who can develop and modernise the finance team. Experience of ERP and IT systems would be advantageous. This role will require UK wide travel within the first year but will offer hybrid working.
What's on Offer
Six Figure Package
Hybrid Working - 3 days per week in the office
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Page Executive.
Ref Code: MPFE0220235950018Z
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert