Financial Controller – Broad Based Professional Services
- Murray Price
- £120,000 base plus benefits
- Closing date
- 21 Mar 2023
- Business Services, Financial Services, Property, Professional Services
- Accounting, Executive Management, Finance, Information Technology, Governance
- Senior Management, Professional / Specialist, CFO, Department Head
- Contract Type
Our client is a leading professional services practice LLP with around 40 offices in London and throughout the UK. It has a turnover approaching £100m and around 1,000 colleagues. The firm is multi-disciplinary and provides advice and services to individuals, industry & commerce, and across the public sector. It has enjoyed high rates of organic growth and by acquisition.
Reporting to the Finance Director/COO and acting as deputy when necessary, a commercially oriented Financial Controller is now sought who will play a key role in the senior management team.
This role is rich in both commercial and technical challenges and offers the opportunity for high levels of exposure across the business.
- Take full responsibility for operational financial management and reporting internally and externally
- Play a key role in strategic and operational planning, ensuring the best commercial outcomes for the business
- Streamline processes and systems to ensure that the firm’s financial management is optimised throughout the firm
- Work to upgrade reporting tools to give colleagues clear financial data in real-time
- Provide detailed support to all merger and acquisition activities.
- Deputising as Finance Director when necessary.
- Qualified Chartered Accountant – ideally with 10 years + experience
- Strong commercial instincts with the ability to make sound financial decisions
- An excellent communicator with good persuasive abilities. Comfortable with dealing with colleagues and external contacts at all levels
- Experience of managing and developing high-performance teams yet hands-on in nature
- Demonstrable strengths in upgrading MIS systems and reporting.
This represents an excellent career move and offers plenty of opportunity for career advancement with a major UK firm. The appointed candidate will receive a significant salary along with a full range of executive benefits including car, pension, and bonus.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert