Head of Solutions Architecture
- Certes Computing Ltd
- United Kingdom
- 100000.00 GBP Annual
- Closing date
- 8 Feb 2023
- Telecoms / Utilities
- Information Technology
- Contract Type
Title - Head of Solutions Architecture
Contract - Permanent
Expected Salary - GBP100,000 +
We operate a hybrid working model, with regular attendance in our Brighton office to connect with colleagues across the business
We're looking for an experienced Head of IT Solutions Architecture to lead, design and align solutions, technologies, and architectures throughout the early technology life cycle stages. Reporting to the Director of IT and responsible for a team of 7+ solutions architects plus contractors you will be responsible for IT strategy in our leading-edge Azure environment, design at the early stage (Discovery and Design) for solutions, roadmaps, architecture alignment, technology governance, senior stakeholder engagement and solutions across all BAU, programmes and projects. This means promoting "cloud-first" technology approach, with responsibility to establishing best practice design and architecture foundations so that IT supports business operating models. The technology team is predominantly in-house, and the responsibility also includes working with third parties, in particular, where we need to augment capacity and capability with third party managed services.
* Understand the business needs and requirements of internal and external TPR customers and stakeholders, optimising the design, architecture and IT solutions to maximise the Regulator's ability to engage with and support key stakeholder groups
* Deliver high level designs for all new solutions proposed by the DDaT directorate and in collaboration with the "Heads of" for new solutions
* Responsible for defining and designing the strategy, solutions and supporting processes to deliver the IT enablement of major programmes and significant BAU initiatives.
* Define the "Technology Assurance and Readiness" work stream in the major programmes and projects to achieve the strategic business goal in refreshing IT solutions whilst meeting the needs of TPR's future regulatory operating model
* Ensure IT architecture alignment across all programmes and projects, promoting TPR's cloud-first chosen technology stack, ie Azure, Dynamics 365, .NET, SharePoint, Power Platform and Data Platform, with responsibility to build the design and architecture foundations so that IT supports new ways of working.
* Work with Delivery Partners to provide guidance, advice and shape to the technology, Integration and BAU decisions and principles eg Configuration over Customisation, Migration and Service Transition
* Proactively enhance IT's reputation by influencing internal stakeholders on IT innovation and future direction and in working with 'Heads of' in proposing solutions to business problems
* Liaise with other government bodies, agencies and stakeholders to align technologies and solutions with recommended Government standards.
Essential and desirable criteria
* Previous experience as a Head of IT Architecture in a DDaT department with experience of early-stage discovery, design, architecture and solutions practices in complex environments.
* Proven experience of leading IT in the areas of IT Design & Architecture and technical standards, guiding and consulting with a diverse range of high value and complex projects.
* Deep understanding of IT Delivery, Programme and Project execution, handling a diverse range of complex IT changes.
* IT qualified (BSc desirable or equivalent experience) and demonstrable success in applying IT design and architecture disciplines
* Take the lead in setting and driving the strategic direction of a DDaT team in a similar environment to TPR.
* Strong understanding of architecture, discovery, design and delivery of Enterprise, Cloud and Security technologies, preferably in a Microsoft technology stack, ie Azure, SharePoint, Dynamics, .Net, Umbraco, Power Platform and SQL Server.
* Leading an architecture & design function in a medium scale and complex Regulator, understanding how to successfully navigate and comply with the governance arrangements across the Business and/or programmes of work.
* The ability to build, maintain and influence relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders, including suppliers and delivery partners.
* A track record of successfully engaging and guiding complex solution designs and a proven ability to set the direction and translate strategic priorities into clear outcome-focused objectives for managers and teams in a demanding leadership role
* Ability to prioritise and use initiative
* Negotiating skills - ability to influence and challenge constructively with people at all levels of TPR
* Problem solving and analytical skills
* Managed Service (Third Party) skills
* Strong communication skills at all levels
* Rigorous attention to detail and accuracy
* Leadership skills
Certes Computing (and all of its subsidiary companies) is committed to promoting equality and diversity in its business operations.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert