Configuration Management Specialist Engineer
- 700.00 GBP Daily
- Closing date
- 8 Feb 2023
- Professional / Specialist
- Contract Type
- Contract / Interim
- Due to the nature of the work, you must either hold SC Clearance or be eligible to obtain this
- Yeovil Based with some flexibility for home working based on business needs (expectation minimum 3 days a week on site)
- Up to GBP700 p/day Inside IR35
Our client is looking for a Configuration Management Specialist "Engineer" to be responsible for the execution of the Configuration Management (CM) Process for products (AW101/AW159/Lynx/Apache/New Products) to ensure the evaluation, coordination, approval and distribution of all proposed changes. This is to create and maintain the product baseline (functional and physical) from requirements definition and design through to operational use, ensuring required timescales are achieved.
Your main activities could include, but not be limited to:
- Manage and develop the team to achieve standardised Configuration Management Tool sets (including security and access) to meet the company requirements and ensure regular housekeeping of the configuration management system data, ensuring alignment with Italy for dual managed products.
- Deploying of the Configuration Management Process and the execution of process controls throughout the organisation, ensuring compliance and interfacing with all other relevant processes.
- Support the delivery of continuous improvement by working across all accountable areas, to deliver increased value added across the business from the configuration processes.
- Working with the respective Platform Managers, have overall responsibility for the Configuration Management activities within scope of accountabilities.
- Achievement of the metrics evaluating organisational performance and implement corrective/preventive actions as applicable.
- Direct and schedule the training of new Configuration Management team members where acting as a Subject Matter Expert.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Configuration Management knowledge on complex aerospace products.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings and manufacturing methods.
- Ideally good knowledge of aircraft design, test, manufacturing and certification processes.
- Good interpersonal and facilitation skills.
- Team player and leader.
- Confidence when interacting with customers and their representatives.
- High Communication Skills - verbal, written, electronic, across all levels
- Pro-active and enthusiastic.
- Ability to plan and deliver own and team workload.
- Product knowledge related to AW101/AW159/Lynx/Apache aircraft
- Configuration Management knowledge of UK MoD
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert