Interim Financial Controller
- Axon Moore
- £400 - £500 per day
- Closing date
- 13 Feb 2023
- Financial Services
- Department Head
- Contract Type
- Contract / Interim
As Head of Finance, you will be responsible for leading the financial planning, forecasting, reporting and analysis and paying a major part in driving the continued growth and success for the business following a recent restructure.
Reporting directly to the CFO, the role will work closely with Operations, Marketing and Sales functions to drive the growth of the business.
• Working closely with the outsourced Management Accounts team
• Commercial finance activities, providing commercial insight and analysis of results, identifying underlying trends and challenging the business on performance
• Budgeting and Forecasting
• MI Reporting suite development
• Group wide financial controls
• Cashflow management
• Driving improvements to internal reporting and systems
• Support the strategic planning and strategic initiatives of the company, including acquisitions, by providing financial planning and modelling skills
• Support, partner and challenge the Marketing and Operations teams with financial issues including providing financial training.
• Partner with other senior internal stakeholders including the CEO and CFO
• Ad-hoc projects to support the CFO
• Involvement with any ongoing M&A activities as well as investment appraisal
• Management of Audit, Banking and shareholder relationships
• Responsibility for ensuring the accurate and timely production of management reports, including an analysis of sales, key direct costs: labour, ingredients, maintenance as well as other operational expenditure
• Take ownership of performance management for the business including identifying and reporting KPIs which are linked to company strategy and drive positive actions
• Form integral part of the Marketing and Operation functions for the business whilst adopting a partner / challenger role in evaluating business plans.
• Ensure integrity of financial data supplied by outsourced accounting team to other areas of the business and to external stakeholders.
• Proactive in building relationships and comfortable working cross-functionally and liaising with senior management.
• Strong commercial focus with the ability to understand business strategy, identify and interpret financial trends
• Ambitious, proactive and forward looking with the drive to continuously improve
• Ability to work to a high level of detail and accuracy
• Excellent modelling, analytical and data handling skills
• First class communication skills (both written and verbal) including ability to work with people from a non-financial background
• Ability to combine technical strength and knowledge with flexible and pragmatic approach required in a commercial environment
• Good Excel skills relevant to the interpretation and manipulation of detailed financial information, and presentation to internal and external interests.
• Ability to meet demanding deadlines
• Fully Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA with minimum 5 years PQE
This role is interim to cover whilst we recruit for a permanent Head of Finance. Potential for temp to perm for the right candidate.
Axon Moore offer a level of expertise and track record in the senior finance market that is second to none. Whether you are looking to recruit a first class FD or make an exceptional career move, choosing the best people to work with is the key. We are an entrepreneurial, values driven business that is passionate about business done both excellently and ethically. Our approach to recruitment is entirely relationship driven and focussed on developing long term partnerships with both candidates and clients alike. Whatever your dealings with us, we hope you will find them hallmarked by professionalism, integrity and a commitment to provide you with the best possible service.
28 Queen Street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert