- Managing Director opportunity for 2 group businesses
- High performing organisations
About Our Client
LC Switchgear (LCS), founded in 1996, manufactures and assembles premium switching solutions for the rail industry. Renowned for the quality of its products and service to the rail industry, LCS is a preferred supplier to leading organisations such as the London Underground and Network Rail. The business is committed to providing "Whole life cost effective solutions" for switchgear with an innovative product range designed to provide low maintenance and cost effective long life equipment.
Established in 1994, Carville Switchgear is a specialist in the design and manufacture of bespoke LV switchboards. Its switchboards are engineered by a team of highly experienced engineers, using the latest CAD facilities. Bespoke metal work is manufactured to specific project criteria to ensure that switchboard size, arrangement, access and colour can be tailored to match site requirements.
Both LCS and Carville are part of the Otter Controls Group, a global manufacturing business with turnover in excess of £70m.
As the Managing Director, you will lead commercial and operational activities for both the LCS and Carville businesses from their HQ in Hove, Sussex. You will lead all the strategic and process improvement activities of LCS and Carville and will be responsible for developing the customer base and product portfolio into different fields of electrical engineering.
Key responsibilities will include, but not be limited to;
- Ensuring the business is both a safe and inclusive place to work and compliant to all regulatory requirements.
- Providing outstanding management and leadership of your direct reports and their broader teams.
- Delivering an excellent financial performance for the business in terms of pricing, cost, cash management and overall profitability.
- Developing a sales and marketing strategy to develop both local and export markets to achieve organisational sales goals and revenues.
- Ensuring an exceptional customer experience in terms of cost, quality, and delivery.
- Developing product and process road maps in conjunction with Group Engineering to ensure the business meets the future technical and service requirements of its existing and prospective customer base.
- Presenting monthly Group board reports which would be inclusive of the relevant business KPI's (strategic imperatives) and progress towards critical longer term strategic actions defined in the business plan.
- Seeking out any opportunity to deliver best in class continuous improvement opportunities to the benefit of the business, its staff, and its customers.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in a general management or business development leadership role within the electrical sector. Whilst not essential, it would be highly advantageous that s/he has an excellent record delivering sales growth for an organisation selling electrical solutions to local authorities such as Hospital Trusts, Schools, Universities, and Industrial Facilities that require HV or LV switchgear.
The Managing Director will have a proven track record in many of the following key areas;
- Ideally educated in Electrical Engineering to degree level or qualified by equivalent experience.
- Proven P&L Leadership.
- Outstanding and inclusive manager and leader of teams and individuals.
- Excellent business development pedigree with demonstrable business growth in terms of revenue and profitability.
- Highly effective communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to translate the needs of the customer into a highly impactful plan for the business that can be executed profitably whilst ensuring excellent customer experience.
- Experience presenting at board level.
What's on Offer
In addition to the opportunity to lead an ambitious organisation with an excellent reputation, you will also work with great people who genuinely value their customers and each other. You will receive a competitive salary with broader benefits and the business will also offer relocation support to candidates looking to relocate to the area.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPFEJN1220225877593Z