Head of Cloud Operations
Up to GBP105k + Package
You will be reporting into the Director of Cloud and Senior Members of the organisation
Our client is an 8-time award wining private equity focussed firm, operating in the UK, US, EMEA and Benelux. As the Head of Cloud Operations, you will be directly responsible for overseeing the management and oversight of the operational support teams looking after our cloud presence. Currently, they have a large on-premise footprint and are focused on overhauling their Legacy systems and moving to cloud (azure).
Ideally, the right fit will have experience in the design and delivery of complex enterprise solutions built around the Microsoft technology stack, as well as the capability to manage the support teams responsible for these technologies. You will be working closely with both in house specialists together with external consultants, partners and the wider business.
You should be able to clearly demonstrate excellent technical, analytical, organisational and communication skills together with a proven track record in leading teams and driving the business adoption of Cloud technologies
- Reporting into the Director of Cloud, to develop and maintain the IT Cloud strategy in line with the business goals and objectives
- Working with the senior management team, aligning operational best practice across architecture, service delivery and the wider IT teams
- Lead, manage and develop the technical resources in the teams responsible for M365, Azure, Network & Voice Services and Power Platform
- Own the Microsoft M365 product stack managing the change pipeline and ensuring new features and capabilities are proactively delivered to the business.
- Champion the M365 tools and capabilities to ensure we benefit from the capabilities available in the platform
- Provide technical input into the Business Change programmes to ensure the tooling available is appropriately leveraged
- Analyse system architecture and configurations and highlight potential improvements.
- Work with the Director of Cloud to review, develop, plan, and implement strategies to provide a continuous program of systems improvement.
- Identify project requirements by interviewing users/staff, analysing operations, determining project scope and documenting results.
- Provide oversight of all changes using the appropriate change-control process across the IT landscape.
- Monitor support incidents and work with support staff to provide effective prioritisation and resolution.
- Ensure technologies are deployed in compliance with security framework and standards
- Ensure Cloud systems maintain compliance with internal, external and client accreditation and regulatory obligations
- Monitor the roadmap for these technologies and enable the business to leverage improvements that are available and new tools, apps and features quickly and efficiently
- Build strong working relationships with all stakeholders, including; suppliers, application support teams and the business.
- Own and manage complex issues and see through to completion
- Be a creative thinker and look for new ways the business can leverage the technologies available to improve efficiencies and capabilities
- Prepare and maintain procedure documentation relating to the overall environment.
- Ongoing professional development including the attaining of professional qualifications as agreed with the Director of Cloud and Security.
Skills, knowledge, expertise:
- Strong team leader and communicator with the ability to manage and share information and build relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at the appropriate level of detail and technical content for the target and often non-technical audience.
- Enterprise Cloud Identity (access, management, security)
- Extensive experience within an enterprise IT environment
- A collaborative leader and team player
- Good understanding of the Microsoft Cyber Security Reference Architecture
- Azure Active Directory (AAD), Active Directory (AD) Directory Services (Hybrid Identity)
- Highly proficient with Group Policy and Active Directory administration.
- Conditional Access
- Single Sign On (SSO)/Multi Factor Authentication
- Detailed understanding of the Enterprise Mobility and Security technologies.
- Detailed understanding of Azure Security Services (including: Azure Advanced Threat Protection, Azure information Protection, Azure Security Centre, Azure Log Analytics Microsoft Cloud Application Security etc).
- Detailed understanding of network concepts including TCP/IP, LAN, WAN and VPN.
- An expert in the entire M365 product suite, with a track record of implementing, supporting and developing all technologies.
- Detailed understanding of the Microsoft M365 and Power Platform
- Detailed understanding of Microsoft Team voice and the different call routing methods.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- A proactive approach to systems management.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Experience working within a multi cloud setup (eg AWS/Google) would be advantageous
- Good organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage a diverse workload both for self and for team.
- An innovative thinker who is prepared to challenge the status quo and with a desire to help the business adopt new technologies
We will provide the training, both in house for relevant technical knowledge and also professional qualifications to enhance your professional development. You will need to be quick to learn new systems and great with people, as close working relationships between our colleagues and clients is at the heart of what we do.
If interested, please apply directly or send your CV to (see below)