Who we are
Music of Life exists to build and strengthen the skills, well-being and confidence of children and young people with disabilities through music-making. Our vision is of a world where these children have the same access to music-making as any other child. We provide them with high-quality musical education and performance opportunities. When they are ready, we help them to integrate into community based activities such as joining a youth choir or playing in a band.
We are looking to appoint up to 4 new trustees. We welcome applications from everyone but would particularly like to hear from people with lived experience of disability and from people from under-represented groups.
Trustees should be able to demonstrate
– a passion for helping children from disadvantaged backgrounds
– specific skills and attributes which will contribute to the development of the charity
– that they can play an active part in the charity, attending meetings and contributing to specific improvement projects
– their ability to work in a team
We strongly believe in having a diverse team and know that skills and experience can be acquired in many ways through people’s personal, volunteering and working lives.
In addition to the general requirements, we are keen to recruit trustees who have experience in one of the following areas:
– Organisation development – To help the charity diversify and build sustainable funding streams, reducing dependence on grants from Trusts and Foundations. A network among high-net-worth individuals and success in negotiating corporate support would be a great asset!
– Communications – review how the charity presents itself and assist in building and implementing a communications and social media strategy
– Finance and Risk – a qualified accountant who can take over the role of Treasurer in the next two years. Experience in the development and use of business/charity financial reporting, management accounts, budgeting & cash flow.
– Caring for a disabled child as a parent or carer or as a former beneficiary – who understands the need from the users’ perspective
If you are passionate about what we do and have other skills to contribute, please get in touch!
Please see our Candidate Information for more details