- Innovative Arms Length Body of Welsh Government
- Part time role (22.5 hrs per wk) plus hybrid working
About Our Client
As an arm's length body of Welsh Government, Life Sciences Hub Wales acts as a catalyst to drive innovation and collaboration between industry, health, social care, and academia - helping to make Wales the place of choice for health, care, and wellbeing innovation.
They do this by accelerating the development and adoption of innovative solutions that support the health and social care needs of Wales, alongside partnering with industry to advance economic development across the life sciences sector in Wales, driving business growth and creating jobs.
The team at Life Sciences Hub Wales provide bespoke support to accelerate all innovation journeys, whether that's supporting a clinician with an innovative product or service or facilitating partnerships with multinational life sciences organisations.
This includes project management for the evaluation and adoption of innovation, knowledge sharing, funding guidance and signposting, and encouraging engagement between industry, health and social care.
Reporting to the newly appointed Director of Finance & Resources, the Finance Manager will play a pivotal role in the success of the Finance department.
This is a part time role offering great flexibility and a supportive working culture. We are open to suggestions for this working pattern to be flexed either across 3 full days or up to 5 shorter days.
The Finance Manager will have a varied role in this small and agile Finance department.
Key responsibilities include:
- Production of month-end management accounts
- Finance business partnering and reporting for budget holders across the organisation
- Cash flow management and forecasting
- Direct line management of an Accounts Assistant
- Oversee production of AP/AR journals
- Oversee production of balance sheet reconciliations
- Oversee production of payroll
- Acting as an escalation point for debtor management
- Compliance with VAT returns and other statutory returns
- Production of Annual Accounts and liaison with external auditors.
The Successful Applicant
- The ideal candidate will be a qualified Accountant with ACA, ACCA, CIMA or CIPFA
- QBE's may be considered with relevant experience
- The role is hands-on, and candidates will need to be able to evidence experience in the key areas mentioned above
- The role also requires excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships and liaise with internal and external stakeholders
Successful candidates will need to demonstrate relevant finance systems skills including excel.
What's on Offer
This part -time role (22.5 hrs a week) offers excellent flexibility and a supportive working culture plus hybrid working. With benefits including a generous holiday entitlement of 30 days annual leave plus additional public holidays (pro-rated), flexi-time scheme and Pension scheme with Employer contributions of 7%.
To apply, please apply with a completed equal opportunities form, your up-to-date CV and a supporting statement (no more than two pages long) covering why you feel you might be the best person for this exciting opportunity and how you meet the essential criteria required.
** Closing date 16 December, 2022 at 4pm for all applications.
Interviews will be held face to face at the Cardiff office on 12 January 2023
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPFEJN1120225843905Z