This is will include leading projects as required ensuring customer requirement are met on time and within the allocated budget. The role also requires the engineer to support junior engineers in their development, authoring and checking project deliverables, developing internal standards and methodologies and supporting marketing activities such as authoring of articles.
One of the world's leading engineering companies which helps customers to use electrical power effectively and to increase industrial productivity in a sustainable way; provides value-added solutions in robotics, machine and factory automation and has around 20 locations in UK.
For the 2nd year running has been recognised as a Top Employer in UK.
- Either as lead engineer or senior member of the team - evaluates, selects and applies standard techniques, procedures and criteria to perform tasks or sequence of tasks, for conventional projects with complex features. Executes assignments using established solutions.
- Main technical responsibilities will be to carry out the following functions:
- authoring technical deliverables
- checking project deliverables
- supporting junior engineers
- Assists in creating proposals for projects through coordination of proposal documents and engineering estimates.
- Interacts with customers, contractors, suppliers. Attends project meetings and presents all technical aspects of project assignments.
- Supports Contract Manager in issuing claims (new scope of work, cost impact, time impact, risk quantifications, etc.)
- Collaborate and network with engineering colleagues within ABB. Share best practice across different projects and disciplines.
- Utilizes standard processes, tools and techniques. Ensures that engineering activities comply with required safety regulations, standards and contractual requirements.
- Lead, supervise and coordinate teams in the engineering discipline on high/medium complexity projects.
- Degree qualified process engineer
- Chartered status
- Strong consultancy and communications skills
- Experience is delivering projects to a variety of clients
- Experience in pressure relief:
- API 521
- API 520 part 1
- API 520 part 2
- Full clean driving license.
- Willing to travel in the UK and abroad.
- Good IT proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Professional consulting experience (or similar relevant experience of advising and delivering technical solutions to Customers)
- Operational and consulting / design experience
- Process simulation experience e.g. HYSYS and Aspen
- CCUS, Hydrogen and/or renewables experience
Great salary package and benefits