Chief Operations Officer | Private Equity backed manufacturing business | Fylde Coast | £Excellent + equity
My client is a private equity backed manufacturer, providing a design and manufacturing service to organisation across the UK. Based on the Fylde Coast, offering a range of products and a multi-industry customer base, they have enjoyed consistent growth and success in the last few years. They are now looking to appoint a senior finance professional with operational experience to lead the business in delivering further profitable growth as part of a wider group.
The candidate must be a qualified accountant and have strong financial and analytical skills with experience in managing multi-disciplinary teams. The candidate sought must be comfortable in an SME environment with a customer-focused culture and bring the gravitas and respect necessary to represent the company with Board and external stakeholders.
The Chief Operational Officer (COO) will work alongside the Group CEO, directly managing a small team at the site, to ensure the business is operating at optimum efficiency from a cash and profit perspective.
- Provide insightful commercial/ financial management information as the finance business partner to the Group CEO
- Effectively manage working capital and cash
- Lead and develop a small management team
- Evaluate progress to date, ensuring there is a clear and realistic road map for the continued development of the business, including identification and execution of opportunities for top line growth, greater efficiency and profit enhancement
- Identifying the critical success factors and supporting strategies required to deliver improved performance
- Provide strategic input to the company, working alongside the Board to ensure continuous improvement in key business metrics and optimise shareholder value
The incoming COO will be:
- A strong and inspiring leader with the requisite interpersonal and communication skills to encourage action and to take a business through exciting growth and change
- Able to operate both at a strategic and detailed level, understanding what it takes to get things done and gain momentum
- Outward looking and proactive, readily seeking to engage with new/existing relationships and explore/initiate new possibilities for growth
- Able to innovate and improvise, quick to evaluate and respond to developing opportunities and challenges
- Pragmatic with robust commercial acumen and judgement
- Energetic with a strong ‘can do’ attitude
The individual should be able to demonstrate a strong track record of delivering profitable growth, preferably in a similar manufacturing focused environment.
The successful candidate may already be a proven Finance Director with wider operational experience, a COO or alternatively a highly capable qualified accountant with relevant experience who is seeking their first No1 opportunity.