This is a fantastic opportunity for an Interim Director, People and Organisational Development with a proven track record transforming HR and driving culture change. The role is for an initial contract period of 12 months with potential for extension / permanency.
This role offers an opportunity for an experienced individual to help advance the work of a globally-leading research.
If you are looking to join and organisation with with purpose, look no further.
Owing to increased work at executive level in the next 12 months, this role will provide additional capacity to provide strategic-HR expertise and lead the following People and Organisational Development initiatives;
A review of the HR function to consider best practice and determine the requirements needed to support in the next phase of its development. The review will include interviews with key service stakeholders, analysis of best practice HR functional design, and recommendations (for consideration by the Executive team) of an appropriate functional design for increased scale and future objectives/growth.
A review of provision of learning and development, taking account of stakeholder feedback, existing provision (which is currently a mixture of devolved learning and development provision within a number of specialist functions, and the delivery of management and other cross-organisational 'people' training by outsourced providers, coordinated by staff in HR)
You will support the development of Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity initiatives to meet funder, staff and executive aspirations
As Interim Director, People and Organisational Development you will provide strategic direction and leadership to the Head of HR and their wider team.
As Interim Director, People and Organisational Development you will have demonstrative experience of the following;
1. Strategic HR experience earned at director/executive level within organisations of similar scale and/or complexity.
2. Previous experience reviewing the functional design of HR teams and in implementing the recommendations arising from such reviews.
3. Previous experience reviewing and designing learning and development organisational capabilities.
4. Experience of providing strategic HR advice to executive teams, with strong presentation and report writing skills to deliver complex advice clearly, succinctly and powerfully.
5. Proven ability to lead, coach, motivate and develop high performing HR teams.
6. Strong stakeholder management skills, able to establish a credible reputation for strategic HR advice through considering and responding to feedback from service users.
7. Outstanding interpersonal skills, able to flex your style to adapt to varying stakeholders.
8. Experience of a range of HR IT systems and the use of technology to increase automation in HR transactions.
9. Respect for confidentiality, including the appropriate treatment of personal information.
10. MCIPD professional qualification or equivalent
Experience in PE backed businesses, Charity / NFP or Science and Research would be advantageous
Excellent remuneration in line with Exec level responsibilities of the role.
12 month Fixed Term Contract to start ASAP.
Flexible work-life balance / Hybrid working policy
26 Days Annual Leave (increasing with length of service) + Bank Holidays
USS salary sacrifice pension scheme (9.8% employee contribution & 21.6% employer
Full details available on successful application
Based in Cheshire.