- Key Leadership role for fast growth UK business
- Commercially focused Finance Director role
About Our Client
Knowles is a fast growing, dynamic family business, regarded as one of the leading contractors for complex construction in the UK, employing over 150 staff.
Operating within the prime and super-prime construction sector, Knowles offers a full turnkey service and has over two decades of experience in complex shell & core, subterranean, superstructure and country-estate construction, operating within both the residential and selective luxury commercial sectors.
In line with the Board's strategy, the business has, over the last year, focussed on building the company's brand and presence in the prime residential construction market.
- Ensure good corporate governance
- To attend Group Board Executive Board and Management meetings
- To ensure all statutory reports are completed accurately and in a timely manner
- Manage, monitor and maintain Group and trading company credit ratings
- Manage forecast Cashflow on behalf of the Group
- Management of all funding - funding issues, sources and securing of funding when required
- Further developing and managing robust management accounts that provide good quality information to both management team and investors
- Further developing and managing detailed budgets and forecasts, including all supporting schedules
- Working capital and cash management
- Achieve individual key agreed targets derived from the company business plan and
- Provide leadership to the finance team for execution of financial processes, management accounts, currency cash flow, debt collection and risk management throughout the group.
- Drive financial knowledge, and discipline into the Group organisation
- Develop and provide business performance reports that enable business improvement
- Manage key financial relationships - bank, auditors, government
- Manage Group tax and regulatory compliance
The Successful Applicant
The candidate will have a wealth of experience in a finance leadership role, specifically within the construction and/or building development sector. This role will offer the candidate an opportunity to be part of the leadership team, delivering robust financial information in order to drive business performance. The role will require a qualified accountant who has a track record in a strategic and commercial finance role, ideally from a fast paced, dynamic growth business. The ideal candidate will demonstrate proactivity, influence, honesty and strong communication skills. Trust and collaboration with the Board will be crucial in this close working leadership team. The candidate will need to be hands on, practical and have the ability to build strong relationships at all levels and also have the strength of character to challenge where appropriate. You will be confident at process design and improvement, have strong attention to detail, ideally coming from a background in a similar sized SME.
What's on Offer
Any direct or agency applicants will be forwarded to Page Executive for consideration
Ref Code: MPFE1020225812573Z