A London based PE Backed, Biotech business is searching for a CFO to guide the strategic decision making of the business. This scale-up project will require a CFO with experience of fundraising and the ability to organize a full exit process.
You will work with the existing and highly capable team to drive continued growth across the business. Alongside establishing processes and forecasting targets you will be a key decision maker in strategy decisions. The ideal candidate will have a passion to work on growth projects with a clear strategy in mind.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a company as it continues to emerge into the market. As the leader of the finance team you will have a key position in setting financial standards and laying out future goals for the business.
Based in London, but working on a hybrid basis, this role is perfect for an ambitious individual with a passion for hands on work. You will be the key member and lead the finance team in this role. This is a chance to be part of a business at a truly exciting time in its life cycle.
Key responsibilities include:
- Overall responsibility across all areas of the finance function for the business, including all aspects of budgeting and forecasting
- Driving increased profitability as revenues continue to grow
- Develop the forecasting function of the business in line with current protocols
- Prepare budgeting systems to deal with problems presented in the current economic climate
- Developing the Financial Planning and Analysis function of the business in line with revenue targets
- Assisting in the continued growth of revenue in the business
- Presenting analysis of potential growth to both current and potential investors
Requirements for the role:
- ACA/CIMA Qualifications with extensive PQE
- Previous CFO experience, ideally within the SME space
- Previous experience within the tech space, ideally in a lead capacity
- Previous experience leading fundraising rounds (Series B onwards)
- Clear communication skills