Our client is in the business of Facilities Management and consulting services. They are based in the east of England. They have a group financial controller leaving the organisation mid-January ’22 but need an interim to start asap (ideally by the end of Nov if not earlier) for approx. six months. Ideally the interim will be 4 or 5 days per week on site at the head office.
Role & Responsibilities
The Group FC will take leadership and control of a team of about 75 colleagues.
They will work in close partnership with the CFO and outgoing FC (a good handover is important); and also the programme lead for an ERP implementation.
Other specific areas of the role include:
• Continuing to embed the newly redesigned finance processes;
• Provide financial control and support across the business and group;
• Cash management, including weekly cash forecasting; and budgeting; driving working capital improvements and cost efficiencies;
• Provide financial support to the business;
• Supporting and galvanising the finance team.
The Desired Candidate
We are looking for an empathetic and team oriented leader; someone who can bring people together and ensure the finance functions operates effectively. With experience:
- Someone who has held FC roles across relevant sectors including but not limited to: Facilities Management, construction, housing, utilities, telecoms, financial services – maybe some heavily regulated industries and/or those providing contract/corporate services;
- Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA;
- Experience in organisations with +£200/£300m turnover;
- Empathetic leadership style and great communicator;
- Track record of implementing finance process improvements.
It will be a competitive day rate to the candidate plus expenses to be finalised - outside IR35 (to be confirmed)
How to Apply
Interested applicants should log in / register and upload an up to date CV. No other documents are required at this stage or email: email@example.com