**Hybrid with occasional travel to Folkestone/London**
At Saga, were driven by the simple aim of making the UK the best place in the world to grow older. A dynamic and forward-looking business with a clear, single-minded purpose; to create exceptional experiences every day and be a driver for positive change in our markets and communities.This desire to deliver exceptional experiences empowers our colleagues to create moments that are simple, personal, and special for our customers and for each other.Our values underpin our approach and help guide us to deliver our purpose. We work with precision pace, curiosity, empathy and collaboration to create a unique environment for our team.
Saga Cruises have an ambitious growth plan, providing exceptional cruise experiences that inspire new and existing customers to explore with us on our new boutique ocean and river cruise ships.
And right now, we are looking for a Head of Digital for Saga CruisesIn this role you will work with the Sales & Marketing Director, Head of Marketing and the Digital Performance Manager to drive digital marketing, digital transformation and website ecommerce strategies to deliver against our strategic business objectives.
Managing a large multi-media marketing budget, you will oversee the delivery of highly engaging, integrated multi-media digital campaigns that reach new audiences and grow FTB and repeat customer volumes.
Working with the marketing team to develop salient, meaningful and differentiated messages and syndicate across the customer 360 touchpoint decision journey through various digital marketing channels and on the website.
In return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast-paced career with an excellent benefits package.
So, if this is of interest to you then we would be keen to hear from you!? Package Description
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- Remote working available where possible
- 25 days annual leaveplus bank holidays with the choice tobuya further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1years' service
- Workplace Pension
- AXA Be Supported
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
The Ideal Candidate
- You will use your ecommerce, user experience, SEO and content marketing expertise to maximise onsite and offsite consideration and drive increase intent to purchase.
- You will be responsible for the transformation and redevelopment of the Cruise (Ocean and River) website. Working with our data and insight resources, you will create best in class, frictionless, personalised online customer experiences for new and returning visitors that maximise conversion rates and revenue per customer.
- You will lead and develop the team of marketers to create a best-in-class digital marketing and ecommerce team, creating a challenging and rewarding environment to work in.
- Maintain and oversee the delivery of the Saga Cruise digital and ecommerce strategy delivering efficient, sustainable new business growth
- Oversee all digital marketing activity from lead generation to conversion and retention
- Build and continually evolve the SEO and content strategy to maximise traffic and purchase intent
- Use data and customer insight to design and optimise frictionless, highly personalised online customer journeys
- Accountable for trading performance closely driving sales performance, reporting into the business weekly, overseeing monthly sales forecasting and annual budget setting for both Direct and PCW channels
- Actively managing and interpreting digital management information, and performance insights. Integrating into business performance narrative and decision making
- Identify operational tools required to support delivery of frictionless experience and revenue generation. Work with IT and/ or across Saga digital teams to implement as appropriate
- Manage external digital media, SEO and digital experience & design agencies
- Play a key role in the development of the new Cruise website, inputting ecommerce, UX and CRO expertise as required
- Lead the Cruise digital team, creating a centre of excellence, supported with strong best practise and external insight & trends. Share insight and knowledge with colleagues to increase knowledge base and understanding
- Ensure all digital activity and customer journeys meet regulatory requirements.
- Significant demonstrable digital leadership experience, with proven success in defining and leading delivery of transformation alongside BAU optimisation
- Strong experience in digital strategy development and leadership of UX, CRO paid media and SEO, delivering measurable performance improvements
- Strong trading mentality, driving new business sales performance day to day across multiple digital activities.
- Extensive experience in using digital best practice to design solutions, a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive/adaptive design and assessment of emerging technologies & capabilities
- Proven experience in merchandising and leverage of content to deliver digital commercial performance as an integral part of the commercial mix
- Strong knowledge of the industrys latest trends and technologies, with proven experience in applying insights to improve business performance
- Career experience in a large consumer-facing organisation, ideally in the travel sector
- Demonstrable ability to leverage customer behavioural & attitudinal insight, technology trends and commercial context to inform activity
- Very strong leadership skills
- Strong commercial awareness and budget management experience
- Highly numerate
- Marketing/Technical qualification
Our Saga Values:
About The Company
- Precision Pace- Always owning and making things happen.
- Empathy Always aware of others.
- Curiosity Always asking why.
- Collaboration Always one team, the Saga team!
Having spent our first 30 years focused on travel, Saga launched Saga Magazine and developed home and motor insurance and financial services in the 1980s. Private medical and pet insurance followed in the 1990s, along with the launch of our own cruise ship operation. The strength of the Saga brand provides the Group with the ability to develop in-house or partner with suppliers to offer our customers and members highly differentiated, competitively priced products which meet their evolving needs.
Saga exists to help our customers and members lead the life they want to lead. To succeed in this, we know that the most important thing to do is to listen to our customers and members. At the heart of our business model is our drive to know more about our customers wants and needs so we are best placed to serve them.
Applying this approach over the past 70years has enabled us to become the UK's specialist provider of products and services to people aged over 50 in the UK. The Saga brand has become one of the most recognised and trusted brands amongst UK consumers in this demographic and is recognised for its high quality products and exceptional standards of service. These include cruises and holidays, insurance, personal finance andthe Saga Magazine.
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities and those over who are over 50as we are champions of age inclusivity.
We are an official Disability Confident Committed employer and ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible and we will make reasonable adjustments as required.
We are a member of the 30% Club and partner with Women Ahead which offers us a fantastic opportunity to take part in a leading, global, cross-company, leadership mentoring scheme to champion female talent.
We are a signatory of the Armed Services Covenant and have received a Silver Award from the Employer Recognition Scheme.To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the Talent Acquisition Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Any engagement with employees or provision of CVs to employees within Saga where you have not engaged with the Talent Acquisition Team will be considered speculative and Saga will not be responsible for any fees related to CVs received in this unsolicited manner.