Reporting to the Regional Director for the midlands, the Commercial Director will oversee a c. £120m contract portfolio in the midlands, focused upon social housing repairs & maintenance & regeneration and facilities management within education and healthcare.
One of the leading contractors in the social housing, facilities management and property sectors, with a multi-billion pound contract portfolio and strong forward order book.
The Commercial Director will maximise the financial effectiveness and profitability of the business through diligent application of agreed contractual and commercial practices, with the careful management of risk from tender stage through to final completion. This will include strategy, main and subcontract tender procurement, risk management, pre and post contract, margin improvement and people development.
- Involvement in the commercial function through all stages - bid, contract, preconstruction, procurement.
- Lead the commercial delivery and post contract activities.
- Provide support to all business development activities in line with company procedures, evaluating risks and opportunities and providing commercial input to highlight risks.
- Ensure all contract documents are thoroughly reviewed and executed prior to project commencement.
- Provide leadership for the commercial team to maximise the potential of the team in line with company standards and values.
- Provide appropriate Health and Safety leadership and direction within the business.
- Oversee the management accounts and business planning processes to ensure that financial outcomes are achieved and maximised, ensuring cost models are accurate and maintained.
- Ensure all commercial activities are carried out in compliance with procedures and external legislation governing business operations.
- Facilitate regular two-way discussions and reviews with the Operations team, ensuring the team has full knowledge of the completion and financial status of the projects.
- Ensure decisions taken are clearly communicated and that relevant individuals have clear guidance to enable successful outcomes.
- Manage the performance and success of customer relationships and identify opportunities for growth.
- Have responsibility for commercial risk management through review procedures and contract negotiations in line with company policies and procedures.
- Direct and advise on all matters of dispute resolution within your business area.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Proven experience of working in the social housing, facilities management, property or construction sectors.
- The ability to communicate, influence and challenge at all levels to delivery results.
- Leadership experience and gravitas, including experience of managing and developing teams.
- Experience of managing a portfolio of projects and customers.
- Experience of working within a main contractor or large sub-contractor.
- Experience of commercial processes within large scale projects.
Excellent salary/package and benefits, whilst working within an exceptional leadership team focused on continued growth.