Lloyds Banking Group is the UK's biggest Retail, Digital and Mobile bank with over 30 million customers and a big responsibility to help Britain Prosper.
We're in the middle of a £3bn investment into our People, Platforms and Data as part of our strategy to build the Bank of the Future and grow sustainably.
And our Chief Information and Security Office (CISO) provides the backbone and infrastructure upon which this future organisation will sit.
Our technology, culture, and our mind-sets are changing to craft new opportunities and products to improve colleague and customer experiences for years to come.
And as our Head of Mainframe Services you'll own all aspects of Mainframe change and service provision while shaping, nurturing and leading a team to align our Platform agenda with the Groups Strategy.Here's what you'd be focussing on...
What are we looking for in you?
- Planning how the area can support the current and future Group Strategy, whilst growing and improving by embracing new technology solutions e.g. artificial intelligence and automation.
- Setting the strategic direction for our Mainframe technology platform which underpins multiple Group Critical Business Processes (CBPs) to realise our strategies
- Ensuring your people are equipped with the tools and training to ensure 24*7 service availability on secure and current technologies.
- Being responsible for the Mainframe Platform and delivering a highly available and secure service at all times, adhering to ITIL processes.
- Maintaining currency and security though effective vulnerability management & patching.
- Leading the oversight and operational governance of the platform services and ensure we align with our operational service delivery commitments and multi-functional service obligations.
- Effectively handling large contractual and commercial service providers.
- To become an embedded partner across our function and the 33 Business Platforms, developing the partnerships to ensure flawless delivery.
An entrepreneurial leader and collaborator, who builds empowered teams of engineers motivated to support critical systems and services.
You'll need a blend of both technical expertise and a passion for mentoring and developing people, including team wellbeing.
We're looking for a good balance between leader and inspiring the team but getting 'hands on' when needed - in effect a "Leader Practitioner".So what we're specifically seeking is:
A successful track record of leading, coaching and mentoring technical teams within an enterprise environment.
Strong evidence of collaboration both within internal teams and across project teams/external partners with strong customer management & communication skills.
Building collaborative and trusting cultures while pragmatically balancing the demands of the business with maintaining the integrity of the platform.And your technical skills:
What you'd get in return:
- A deep technical appreciation of Core Infrastructure as a field with broad Mainframe services knowledge.
- Good knowledge of associated systems and architectures.
- Experience in building and maintaining platforms and services.
- Ability to define technical products, roadmaps and user journeys.
We have the scale and reach to provide you with the opportunities to develop and achieve an exciting career and personal growth.
Offering flexible and hybrid working patterns (ideally 2 days on site) we believe that a healthy work/life balance is important, so tell us what might work for you...
The role can be based in London, West Yorkshire or Manchester with London benefitting from an appropriate salary increment.
We're also passionate about diversity and equal opportunity with industry recognition across gender, ethnicity, disability, LGBTQ+ and families. We'd warmly welcome your application if you identify with any of these groups.
Reasonable adjustments can be also accommodated in our Recruitment processes, just let us know...
We're simply committed to building an inclusive environment where colleagues can be themselves and be their best as a result!You'd also receive:
- A performance-related share bonus.
- A 4% flex cash pot to spend on lifestyle benefits (or take as cash).
- 30 days holiday and private medical cover you can extend to family
- Share schemes, including free shares
- Generous pension contribution of up to 15%.
- Colleague products and discounts from every day shopping to holidays
So, if you have the technical leadership skills we're seeking then get in touch, we'd love to hear from you!