Based in Aberdeenshire the successful Senior Software Engineer will be tasked with providing software engineering design solutions and ongoing engineering support for our clients product range, working as the technical lead for the team.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will be creating software for new products design meeting specifications to upgrading and changing existing products.
Operating globally, our client is the leading provider of submarine rescue capability, along with being the leading supplier of commercial and defence diving equipment and saturation diving systems to the commercial industry.
- Provide software engineering design input to new products.
- Provide software engineering support to the existing product range.
- Assess technical queries and provide software engineering solutions to a wide ranging products portfolio.
- Liaise with internal JFD departments such as sales, procurement and production to ensure the best technical solution is provided in all instances.
- Creation of software engineering documentation such as specifications, proposals, test plans, reports and manuals.
- Ensuring software engineering solutions are provided on time and on budget.
- Adherence to global engineering end to end process and sub processes.
- Site visits to other JFD offices and client assets as and when required.
- Maintenance and development of company standards and processes for software version control
- Management of software team on performance, development, allocation/delegation of work, compliance to internal and external standards & regulations.
- The successful Senior Software Engineer will have extensive experience writing embedded software (STM32 IDE or similar)
- Good experience with high level development languages - preferably C#, C++ and C, Python
- Good experience writing Windows programs (VisualStudio, Windows IoT or similar)
- Software development knowledge including version control using Azure DevOps (or similar)
- Experience with Continuous Integration (CI) tools such as Pipelines, Jenkins (or similar)
- Previous experience within the Manufacturing and Production industry is desirable
- Experience with network protocol UDP
- Experience with SQL server/client data base applications
- Experience with user interface MVC framework
- A competitive salary
- Hybrid working environment