ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Our client, non-profit, non-political organisation which seeks to advance the status of the regulatory profession through education and provision of information to its members. Their current membership is global, and members worldwide are actively involved in delivering the services needed by busy regulatory specialists. Members are drawn from industry, regulatory agencies and the consultancy community, and work in all sectors including medical technologies, biotech, borderline products and pharmaceuticals.
Services provided by our client includes, training, events, information services and networking, regulatory affairs, pharmaceutical industry, veterinary industry, medical devices industry, medical devices, and healthcare.
Reports to: Chief Executive
- To ensure that delivery is relevant, high quality and there is a sustainable training and education programme to regulatory professionals at all stages in their career and irrespective of geography and sector
- To oversee the professional registration of members
- To have oversight of the apprenticeship programme
- To explore and implement new initiatives in training, education and CPD
- To manage the Training and Education staff team
- To work as part of the staff Director team to input into corporate strategy and lead the implementation of the agreed strategic goals To attend Board meetings and input to Board reports To represent the organisation externally at meetings related to professional development. education, learning To input to and review the annual budget for the business and contribute to oversight of financial matters throughout the year To investigate or respond to new business opportunities
Experience and Person Specification
- Graduate in a scientific subject Experience in the training or education sector Understanding of or a willing to develop knowledge in healthcare regulatory affairs Ability to use IT systems Understanding of associations Entrepreneurial/business flair and drive combined with a structured and analytical approach
This is a new and exciting opportunity to join a fast growth, ambitious organisation with a strong reputation and exciting future. The successful candidate will, as a key member of the Team.
The role will be responsible for the successful execution of professional development. Furthermore, as the business grows there is potential for developing a career and taking on leadership roles and/or to progress into other departments.
This is a particularly exciting time for our client as it continues to build on its success and further develop its market presence. The successful candidate will enjoy a stimulating, rewarding and high-profile career within a genuinely exciting business, surrounded by a motivated and highly professional team.