Initially work with the existing procurement team in identifying key areas of influence-able spend and look to implement some quick win savings goals.
Design and implement a Company wide procurement strategy, working collaboratively with internal stakeholders to ensure a true partnership is formed.
My Client are a market leading 3PL who continue to dominate their sector. This is a pivotal role in their next phase of growth as they look to bolster their corporate services function.
- Lead the Indirect procurement team, design and implement the assigned categories within the scope of responsibility
- Drive efficiency and commercial competitiveness for the UK & I
- Responsible for category team with spend range of £200m plus
- Design and Implement category strategies which significantly improve the commercial performance
- Design and implement adequate strategies to achieve high performance meanwhile ensuring continuity and risk mitigation
- Manage a team of procurement professionals and develop the team through the right training and career
- Highly capable senior leader with extensive people management experience and a strategic mindset. CIPS and degree or equivalent qualification is preferred
- Proven experience leading an indirect category management function
- Excellent stakeholder management and engagement skills and the ability to influence and deploy change
- Financial acumen with a commercial mind and a demonstrable track record of complex contract negotiation and
- Excellent external networking capabilities and a team player with excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Result orientated with the ability to present results in a structured and professional manner
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and matrix environment
£85,000 - £100,000
Other flexible benefits including pension, healthcare etc