Maxegan Recruitment is currently seeking an experienced Data Director to join an exciting, rapidly growing business.
My client is a leader in their field and a pioneer with their unique digital supply chain system and platform that currently partners with many major, global businesses.
Within the role, you will be responsible for using data to shape the company strategy and aligning the product objectives with a data first approach through leading and building a team of data experts.
The role will also be responsible for driving, creating and maintaining the cloud data platforms and engineering systems that support learning and insight. You will have the overall responsibility of building innovative data products that enable deep insight into global trade.
For this opportunity, you will need:
- Deep experience and expertise in ETL optimization, designing, coding, and tuning big data processes
- Knowledge and experience with optimization of the distribution, partitioning, and parallel processing of high-level data structures.
- Experience of working with Legacy structures to develop up- to-date evidence models and data assets
- Leadership experience in a technology business, preferably both nationally and internationally
- Demonstrated experience in hiring, retaining and scaling diverse and high-performing teams
- Assesses and evaluates risk to balance pace with quality product delivery
- Experience building innovative digital products and taking them to market
- Big Data Platforms (Apache Spark, Presto, AWS EMR)
- Cloud Data Warehouse (Amazon Redshift, Snowflake, Google BigQuery)
- Object Oriented Coding (Java, Python, C#)
- NoSQL Databases (DynamoDB, Cosmos DB, MongoDB)
- Visual Analytics (Tableau, PowerBI)
- Streaming Data Ingestion and Analytics (Amaxon Kinesis, Apache Kafka)
- Modern Data Workflows (Apached Airflow, dbt, Dagster)
For further information, please apply via this advert or simply contact Maxegan Recruitment Ltd.