Join our community – help strengthen businesses in Sheffield
Who are we? … We are Sheffield. For over 150 years, Sheffield Chamber of Commerce has supported, connected, and represented businesses of all sizes in Sheffield, our vibrant and innovative city.
Our vision is to make this great city the best place in the UK to start, grow and run a successful and sustainable business. And with the help of our members, we are leading the way in making that a reality.
As part of the British Chambers of Commerce, we feed into the national picture. We champion Sheffield's outstanding reputation as a city to live, work and play.
Businesses join Sheffield Chamber because they know membership will give them the tools they need to make the best decisions for their business, to access support and to connect with the business community in the city and the wider region.
The Board are looking for a new CEO to help drive activity forward in Sheffield. Providing clear leadership to the Board and taking executive responsibility for the implementation of the agreed Strategic Plan, the right person will be an exceptional leader, motivated to improve the business community of Sheffield and surrounding area and bring increased benefit to their members.
The CEO will:
- Be responsible for the strategic direction of the Sheffield Chamber connecting, and representing members
- Work with the Board, and with a range of committees involving members.
- Lead on stakeholder engagement across the South Yorkshire Mayoral Combined Authority Represent the Sheffield Chamber's business community externally, including in the media.
- Work with the British Chambers of Commerce and regional bodies to ensure members' voice influences national and local decision-making.
- Work collaboratively with the other South Yorkshire Chambers of Commerce
- Proven track record of delivering business performance
- Educated to a degree standard or equivalent, with proven experience in a senior role.
- Experience of strategic business development at Board level.
- Experience of leading a medium-sized organisation. Have an interest in current affairs and business matters and an ability to engage in discussions on key business issues at all levels.
- Confident in presenting to a range of audiences and handling media interviews effectively.
- Knowledge of Sheffield and the area's business community to represent companies of different sizes and sectors.
- Have experience of leading, managing and motivating a medium-sized team with enthusiasm and inspiring confidence.
- Experience of building an inclusive culture and compassionate business environment.
The Chamber recruits by merit on the basis of fair and open competition. We embrace diversity and promote equal opportunities for all.
The Chamber will consider requests for flexible working on hiring. Many of our employees work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, flexible hours, job share, an element of working from home or compressed hours. Please talk to us about the flexibility you may need.