An award-winning Architectural Practice is seeking a hands-on Head of IT to directly manage effective collaboration between Information Technology and the rest of the business.
In this role you'll design, develop and maintain a robust Information and Technology strategy that covers their Windows infrastructure, support, digital design, security and knowledge systems as well as the overriding governance model. You'll contribute to the strategic development and running of the practice with a clear understanding of its business needs, actively developing and reinforcing practice policies and procedures.
The role is paying up to GBP85,000 plus great benefits and is 100% office based in their brand new Brixton offices.
- Managing a team of 3 Support Engineers, supporting a user community of 170
- Establish and maintain a stable and well - functioning IT environment.
- Manage and support end users on-site and remotely, managing projects and change systems and managing the IT budget.
- Ensure business systems are reliable, resilient, and secure.
- Have a firm understanding of current digital technologies including E-learning, audio visual and video conferencing tool.
- Maintain a cyber security framework on desktops, Servers and at mobile level.
- Maintain GDPR compliance and keep up to date with industry and technological changes, investigate new systems, techniques, and ways of working and support GDPR compliance and conform to good practice cyber security standards.
- Manage upgrades, ensure the practice is appropriately licensed to all legal and statutory requirements.
- Manage contracts and licenses for all IT and BIM software.
- Install, configure, test, and maintain hardware, software and peripherals, general hardware support.
- Create project plans, identify resource needs, perform quality reviews, escalate and manage timelines.
- Explain technical issues to non-specialists, write clear technical reports and other formal documentation for solution deployments.
Qualities and skills required:
- Hands on management experience
- Architectural Practice (or similar) experience would be beneficial
- An ability to manage with a 360-degree vision, managing up, supporting peers and mentoring others
- Ability to supervise, enthuse and encourage junior staff and contractors who report to you
- Any knowledge of the following applications would be beneficial: Adobe CC suite, Rhino (Rhinoceros 3D), Autodesk Applications (AutoCAD, Revit, Navisworks, etc.), Rendering applications (Enscape and V-Ray), Unreal Engine gaming workflows, VR and AR equipment (Vive, Oculus VR, HoloLens, and associated software platforms)