As the Sales & Marketing Director, you will define and develop the UK Sales & Marketing strategy and create an effective road map, including structure, process and capability. You will define practice and unity across the sales & Marketing business providing a wide framework within which to operate effectively and develop further profitable revenue growth.
A leading manufacturer of specialist building materials to customers across Europe with strong positions in its core markets of insulation and interiors products and roofing and exteriors products.
A senior level role reporting directly to the UK MD.
The Sales & Marketing Director will be:
- Responsible for the commercial strategic development of the specialist Group of businesses, while increasing sales, building relationships with / to new markets and new customers and partners.
- Create and unify focus in sales processes and direction across multi UK site manufactures within the Group.
- Plan and develop a chosen number of existing key accounts, direct, non-direct and from a multitude of markets.
- To build a commercial and marketing platform that will enable the expansion of the Specialist Group.
- Strong focus on National field activities to support external sales function.
- Ability to sell across all Specialist construction building material portfolios and recognise opportunities throughout all brands.
- Manage and develop a cross brand marketing strategy that will see the brands develop in industry.
- Responsible for the Marketing and Communications strategy for the Group ensuring alignment with Group strategy.
- Assist with, Develop and implement the national sales strategy across the business.
- Identify new opportunities within the sector for products, services etc.
- Working to increase the contribution of each customer account
- Collaborate with senior stakeholders/partners to help drive the sales of new and existing products.
- Identify new market opportunities
- Understand financial risk and draw up trade agreements/contracts
- Accurate sales forecasting & budgeting
- Full management and responsibility for the Specialist Markets marketing team and budget
- Understanding of all the brands different routes to market, supply chain and other targets/impact
- High level Key Account Management/relationship building skills
The Sales & Marketing Director will have:
- Existing relationships Main contractors, Distributors, Manufacturers and End users
- Outgoing and engaging in respect of social interaction with Customers and Employees
- Ability to deliver a project / manage a project through to completion
- Decisive in taking action where deliberation is unnecessary and time wasting
- Manufacturing, Distributor and/or end user relationships and sales experience
- Develop and maintain a strong relationship with all stakeholders
- The ability to think strategically, to then plan and position to influence sales growth
- Have a broad understanding of what's capable operationally within each brand
- Understanding of both compliance and sustainability within the market sector
- Acoustics, façades and fire protection knowledge is a distinct advantage
- Team Work skills and a collaborative approach to work. To be able to listen to opinions of all brand stakeholders on potential sales growth areas in order to fully understand possible commercial implications on any new business or new market penetration.
- Highly Competitive salary with annual pay award and excellent bonus scheme
- Car or car allowance
- 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays. Company closed during Christmas period
- Private Medical
- A great pension
- Money saving with retail discounts via colleague portal