Fantastic opportunity to join one of the UK's most recognisable 3PL's working in a growth sector
Multi-Site RGM - a fantastic project to launch a new site as well as continuously looking to improve operations and developing internal talent.
I have been retained to partner with one of the UK's largest 3PL's. My Client has strong relationships with Customers across a multitude of sectors and are consistently on boarding new contract wins as they go from strength to strength.
As the Regional General Manager, you will be accountable for the performance, development and service delivery through 4 Warehouse site General Managers. You will be accountable for multi-site operational performance through cost, delivery, people, quality, continuous improvement, environmental, safety, compliance and customer engagement key performance indicators as specified by the Operations Director across your region.
You will translate Operations strategy into tactical and operational delivery plans, supporting your General Manager direct reports to deliver through their teams to meet wider business unit objectives.
You will define and establish working relationships across wider Functions such as Transport, Customer, Services, Stock, Health and Safety, Inventory Management, HR and Finance, ensuring that clear and efficient cross function operational processes are defined and drive accountability and compliance to them.
You will support each of your General Managers in being able to deliver on their commitment of site responsible person. You will manage through a balanced scorecard approach.
You will support and bring to life the 5 Systems of Customer Engagement, Employee Engagement, Operational Excellence, Organisational Capability and Innovation, helping to embed learning and development strategies and establishing / sustaining systems of work to make each system a reality that can be understood by all.
You will support the operational performance of your direct reports across: inbound and outbound processing, warehouse management, distribution management, quality management, stock integrity and compliance (including GDP), You will ensure that all customer SLA and KPIs are met and that your General Managers understand, buy into and deliver a continuous improvement programme through working with CI and Lean teams, championing and driving CI, Lean and Operational Excellence site plans across your sites.
You will take accountability for audit success and compliance across your direct team, supporting internal and external audit delivery, reviewing and signing off associated action plan delivery across your sites and region. You will coach, develop and hold your direct reports to account for the delivery of their operating budgets, instilling confidence and compliance to financial control, with an on-going focus on efficiency and financial improvement.
You will champion the employee voice through local and regional employee recognition, supporting employee engagement through commitment to Employee Forums, Trade Partnership and the delivery of world-class employee engagement levels through Engagement and Pulse check surveys across your region.
· Degree or higher academic achievement highly desirable.
· Proven experience of operating effectively at a senior stakeholder level (Director and OC engagement)
· Ability to support and direct multiple large teams of circa 600-800 employees, to deliver the required standards and performance.
- Experience gained within a 3PL environment
· Regional input and accountability for P and L of multiple warehouses.
· Proven ability to define, plan, manage and sustain both Organisation and operational change projects.
· Resilience in ability to work under pressure in a challenging and constantly changing environment, evidenced by previous experience in a fast changing, volume driven working and customer environment.
· Commercial acumen to understand, challenge and manage financial decision making.
· Clear leadership skills, to inspire with energy and passion within and across Senior Leaders and their teams
· Proven successful commercial negotiation experience with suppliers.
· Knowledge and accountability of the obligations under GDP legislation
· Proven senior customer stakeholder experience.
Competitive market rate salary and package
The chance to work for a forward thinking, market leading 3PL