Senior Finance Manager - FTSE, IFRS, Technical Accounting - London
The location of the role is Paddington, London.
The duration of the role is 4 months initially.
The pay rate on offer is GBP550 per day.
The client is a large, multinational high-street retailer.
An opportunity for a Senior Finance Manager with a strong track record in practical application of technical accounting to join the team. The Senior Finance Manager will have responsible for all technical accounting matters within the function, including store closure accounting, store impairments, lease accounting but also ad hoc support on new business decisions and investments. Additionally, the Senior Finance Manager will have responsibility for the FP&A elements of store closure costs and supporting process improvements within the Property Finance team. You will interact with a range of stakeholders, including finance colleagues within Group, Retail, Shared Service and the Property Commercial Finance team, plus stakeholders across the Property function such as the Property Director.
Key accountabilities and measures
- Accountability for detailed analytical reviews of the store closure cost models, retail impairment models and other key controls. You will review the outputs, ensuring the numbers are right and be able to "tell the story" behind the numbers to senior stakeholders.
- Responsibility for ensuring the end to end store closure cost model are run accurately for Group Reporting, FP&A and Property Investment Committee purposes. You will liaise with the Property Commercial Finance team, the Retail cost team to ensure inputs to the model are received in line with project timelines and that the Reporting and Analytics team run the models on time.
- Accountability for resolving all technical accounting questions that arise across the Property Finance teams for new business decisions and investments. This will involve liaising with commercial stakeholders, Group Finance and external auditors as appropriate on new business decisions and investments
- Responsibility for complex IFRS 16 accounting issues, such as review of complex new leases or remeasurements, the non-Property IFRS 16 lease completeness assessments and review of the Half Year and Year end analytical reviews of the IFRS 16 balances.
- Accountability for day to day management of deliverables associated with the store closure costs and retail impairment models to external auditors, tax and Group Reporting at Half Year, Year End and statutory accounts.
- Assist in preparation of Board and Audit Committee papers as required.
- Assist in improvements to financial process improvements, with a focus on automation and analytics.
- Chartered Accountant with post qualification experience at Manager level
- Strong background in technical accounting and practical experience within FTSE business reporting under IFRS. Demonstrable experience in accounting for impairments, provisions and lease accounting in particular.
- Attention to detail and a control mindset - You will intrinsically value getting the numbers right first time.
- Story telling - Notwithstanding having an attention to detail, you will be able to distil the key messages and link the accounting back to the commercial story.
- Problem solver and confident in using own judgement - You will be comfortable solving complex problems and judgements
- Project management - The role will involve hard deadlines and you will be reliant on other stakeholders to deliver. You will have a proven track record in being able to manage complex processes and projects with multiple stakeholders successfully and to time.
- Retail experience within a large corporate, either in industry or practice
- Working knowledge of big data packages, such as Alteryx