The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) is creating a fair and more resilient financial system, through establishing more transparent relationships between financial services and customers, building trust in financial markets, and protecting vulnerable consumers.
The FCA is on an exciting journey, driving forward significant organisational, people, process, and technology transformation to become a more forward-thinking, proactive regulator. Using data more effectively to drive better regulatory decisions and build greater cohesion across our broad financial services remit. Significant improvements in digital enablement, business intelligence, market data and information management maturity are all being pursued to maintain the FCA’s position as a world leader in financial services regulation.
Consumer Finance is responsible for the regulation of 36,000 non-bank retail lending firms, ranging from small credit brokers to credit card, point of sale finance, short-term credit, and debt management providers. Each Head of Department plays a key role in shaping and delivering the organisation’s transformation to a forward looking and proactive regulator that is data led, innovative, adaptive, and assertive. Department Heads also play a key role in engaging with external market participants, representing the FCA with industry bodies, the media (including leading on key messages), and speaking at conferences and industry panels.
Head of Market Analysis, Policy and Strategy
The Head of Market Analysis, Policy and Strategy will have responsibility for identifying and prioritising top market specific risks and outcomes for the directorate, linking to the wider FCA strategy, commitments, and outcomes. They will also hold responsibility for market-wide policy interventions and for building data, reporting and analytical capability.
Responsibilities for Heads of Departments
- Developing and delivering a long-term strategy for the department and market, aligning to broader divisional and organisational strategies
- Leading on performance, capability, and culture within the department, with a strong focus on operational excellence
- Delivering through others by relying on coaching, influencing, and negotiating skills with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Building a strong and inclusive department that attracts and develop diverse talent
- Significant regulatory, policy or consumer finance-based experience at senior level, including management of complex strategic issues
- Significant experience of managing and influencing key stakeholders, including senior decision makers internally and externally
- Experience of and aptitude in using data strategically to systematically assess market, customer and business outcomes and implementing appropriate tools in the delivery of agreed outcomes
- Critical thinker with excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities, able to lead teams to deliver consumer-focussed outcomes
- Experience driving change and process efficiency/improvements and delivering value for money and innovation
- Ability to motivate, develop and coach managers to lead high performing teams
The FCA’s ambition is to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the society the FCA serves, helping the FCA to be a better regulator. The FCA particularly welcomes applications from women, disabled, and minority ethnic candidates, as under-represented groups.
The closing dates for applications is 23:55 Tuesday 30th August 2022.
Please visit www.odgers.com/86760 to submit your application.