Deputy Head of Financial Crime Prevention
Are you someone who has a passion for Financial Crime Strategy? This role is for someone who has a keen interest in driving a FinCrime function forward. You will be responsible for working as part of the Financial Crime Prevention team to assist the Head with forums, strategy, audit findings, leadership meetings, remediations, improving reporting and general oversight of the department.
- Support the Head of FCP in building out the strategy for the department for the next 3 - 5 years.
- Good aptitude for establishing new functions/roles, creating a good working environment based on experience in management/leadership positions. This includes being equipped with the capability to think processes and organisational structure.
- Develop a high performing department culture through regular communication and team building and embedding the culture.
- Supporting managers with activities that contribute to a high level of knowledge.
- Develop a strong understanding and belief in the firm's culture, its customer oriented business model and to understanding the demands on the bank delivering services to its customers.
- Support, mentor and coach the management team.
- Possessing and maintaining detailed knowledge of appropriate legislation, regulations and guidance.
- Providing SME support to the FCP Management team and to Bank projects as required.
- Provide support to the Chief FCP Officer in relation to delivery of regulatory change.
- Work with Chief FCP officer to implement organisational changes and organisational design, recommending optimal structures for performance and regulatory requirements
- Actively promotes and ensures adherence to the Bank's Risk Management framework (including sub-frameworks) and relevant risk and compliance policies and procedures, ensuring timely and appropriate escalation of concerns to relevant senior stakeholders.
- Member of Financial Crime Committee
- Member of the Financial Crime Prevention management team
- Member of Remediation Steering Committee
- Proven leadership experience together with demonstrable skills in organisation/administration and building strong customer and/or stake holder relationships.
- Sound judgement and strong decision making skills, together with proven ability to influence, challenge and persuade at all levels. You will need to have an ability to lead a team of professionals to achieve common goals. Leadership experience is essential.
- Ensure good administrative order within the team with all practices and processes clearly defined, and compliance with all relevant external regulations and internal policies and instructions.
- Experience and knowledge of working in a retail bank, working closely with Districts and ensuring good collaboration across the business.
- Good working knowledge of the UK regulatory environment.
- Experience of dealing with senior management/ExCo and comfortable in stepping up, ability to work autonomously and work in a dynamic environment with changing priorities.
- Confident in challenging the business and supporting Senior Management as required.
- Represent the Bank's interests with external parties (FCA, PRA).
- Ability to lead and motivate a team
- Experience and knowledge of business and/or banking processes, especially around account opening routines and payment/transaction processing systems.
- Comfortable taking up new responsibilities and challenges and the ability to understand complex problems.
- Strong technical knowledge and understanding of regulators expectations relating to Financial Crime covering Sanctions, AML, Fraud, Bribery & Corruption.
- ICA (or alternative) qualified or working towards is preferable.