up to £150,000Location:
London, UK (Hybrid role)Company:
At Reward, our business sits firmly in the fin-tech market where we have close relations with national and international financial giants and industry leaders. With our diverse range of projects, we strive to combine the best talent across disciplines such as Engineering, Architecture, Design and Product Strategy with cutting edge technology. Our goals are ambitious, and the pace is quick and so we recruit people who are not afraid to challenge the status quo and can help us achieve our mission of delivering the best loyalty programmes around the world.What's it all about?
We're looking for a CFO to drive our business to the next level. Working directly alongside the CEO Founder, the CFO will build out a world class finance function with ultimate responsibility for supporting the strategic direction of the company, as well as the day-to-day running of the department.
You will lead functions such as financial planning, analysis, forecasting, modelling and cost-benefit analysis. You will track and manage metrics such as cash flow, in order to optimise the company's performance against company-wide goals. You will provide insight, analysis, and commentary to stakeholders, aiming to influence and drive decisions and actions that improve the balance sheet position.
You are someone who knows how to focus on things that matter and can help fuel a fire within our team and in our business. If you're switched on to the worlds of finance, retail, technology and loyalty and if you crave an environment where challenge and responsibility go hand in hand then this role is for you.Responsibilities include
You are commercially focused, driving revenue growth and executing M&A deals. You will work closely with a range of blue-chip clients, credit insurance companies as well as with Reward's commercial teams. You will develop a deep understanding of their commercial issues and find approaches that maximise Reward's growth aspirations. You will be expected to be a trusted partner of the business who is able to focus not only on the now but 6+ months to help navigate the business through potential challenges and opportunities.
You'll have the chance to work alongside some of the brightest minds in a challenging and an inspiring work environment. Delivering innovative approaches calls for diverse perspectives which you will drive through a business partnering approach to develop key KPIs and metrics to help achieve the business goals, evaluating both risk and opportunity as the business scales.
Skills & Experience
- Provide leadership as the company's top financial expert
- Member of the executive management team.
- Help with strategy to scale, ensuring the business is adhering to relevant accounting standards
- Execute product and operation strategies to hit the right KPIs over the next 12-18 months, constantly aligning with the key initiatives of the team.
- Managing the finance department, including accounting (payments, monthly management accounts, statutory accounts, detailed review of transactions posted, balance sheet reconciliations), tax (audit, Filing, VAT returns), treasury (cash flow), reporting (budget, forecasting), and business analysis (pricing, capital optimisation).
- Financial reporting to the board of directors
- Manage relationship with banking partners, including preparing and presenting data on performance of the business
- improved financial modelling inc. building out and produce the company's financial planning and analysis (FP&A)
- Implement world class finance procedures, processes and systems
- Developing systems and guidelines for compliance, financial security, control, and risk management. Operating in a highly regulated industry, compliance is a constant focus across the business.
- Consider process improvements, working with IT colleagues to action any agreed enhancements
- Encourage employees to instead see the value in new ways of doing things, to support the strength and longevity of the business.
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with strong financial acumen
- Must have scaled a fintech, digital bank, payments, martech
- An experienced finance leader with executive presence and business acumen, having led Board meetings
- Strong product, operation, compliance & risk experience
- Experience in international markets; UK, CEMA, APAC
- Commercial mind-set able to provide analysis of the numbers and partner non-finance stakeholders
- Capable of working independently with full ownership and the confidence to develop and manage processes end to end
- An effective and articulate communicator, able to persuasively present concepts clearly and concisely to key stakeholders, adjusting style to audience
- Demonstrate ability and temperament to work with sensitive information
- Strong analytical skills and ability to identify trends and proactively resolve issues with financial information.
- Detail-oriented while also demonstrating the ability to synthesise a complex issue into a straightforward messaging
- 25 days annual leave increasing by one day a year to 30 days (plus public holidays)
- Company holiday between Christmas & New Year (extra 3 days)
- Pension with Hargreaves Lansdown - 4% matched contribution
- Private healthcare with Vitality for yourself and any nominated dependents
- Early finish on the last Friday of the month (3pm)
- Ability to buy and sell holiday days as well as the ability to bank days (tenure dependent)
- Cashback/discount shopping site (Perks at Work)
- Flexible working options - we are operating a hybrid working model from our Belfast office (to be agreed with your manager)
- Variety of social events throughout the year such as Christmas party, company away day, movie nights, beer and pizza nights to name but a few