We have an exciting opportunity for a high calibre and results-oriented leader to join as Group Head of Tax to take the lead in managing our clients tax strategy, planning, and compliance, as well as design and implementation of tax policies and procedure to support modernisation of our clients Finance vision and strategy.
The role will report into the Head of Finance Operations and help to recruit and oversee a newly created and disperse tax team across our global offices.
We are looking for a technically strong and experienced tax specialist. The ideal candidate will have an in-depth tax compliance knowledge with hands-on experience overseeing all tax compliance routines related to Corporate Income Tax, withholding taxes, VAT and all other applicable indirect taxes. In addition, the candidate will be detail-oriented and have the skills necessary to influence people in a fast-growing company.
With a combination of UK and regional overseas operations, you will be assessing performance in a group-type role, ensuring the organisation meets its tax obligations and objectives complying with all relevant laws and regulations. It is expected that the Group Head of Tax adds strategic value and advice to the finance leadership team and takes the lead on analysing and advising senior management of the impact of new domestic and international laws on the corporate structures.
We have adopted a smart working approach and that means that our people benefit from our flexible ways of working - whether that's in one of our offices designed for 'activity based working', our flexible dress code or where and when we choose to work.
Responsibilities including, but not limited to, working with other teams across finance and with outsourced service providers to:
- ensure the organisation meets its tax obligations & objectives complying with all relevant laws and regulations;
- provide tax compliance and tax strategy for corporate tax, VAT and other indirect tax across the group;
- maintain transfer pricing policies and documentation and monitor developments in tax legislation to drive the group's tax planning and tax risk management;
- support the finance reporting team in calculating the tax provisions for key entities within the group and work with the HR team on employment tax issues;
- working with other teams across finance and with outsourced service providers.
Education and Qualifications
- Professional tax qualification, however, focus is more on experience gained in the right environment and overall skillset.
Knowledge and Experience
- Proven post qualification experience, ideally gained within the Insurance sector
- Experience of operating tax compliance activities
Skills and Abilities
- Understanding of UK tax reporting and compliance
- Experience of insurance company tax issues
- Exposure to a range of tax
- Highly technical in accountancy skills, especially UK/US GAAP and IFRS
- General commercial and financial knowledge
- Insurance and Lloyd's specific knowledge preferable
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills given the breadth of the role
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing, as they will be expected to liaise with senior executives and leadership teams
- Advanced excel skills
- Able to work on own initiative
- Strong team working skills
- The ability to manage time, meet deadlines and prioritise
Aptitude and Disposition
- Outcome focussed, self-motivated, flexible and enthusiastic
- Professional approach to successfully interact with senior management/ colleagues/external suppliers
- Technical competence / expertise
- Speed and quality
- Conceptual thinking
- Analytical thinking
- Man management skills