(Please note: Ability to commute to Hatfield is essential)
Global company, established for over 100 years, based in Hatfield Hertfordshire have a vacancy for a Business Excellence Director responsible for all day-to-day operational, ensuring one of their most profitable divisions is appropriately structured, resourced, and able to support the overall business in achieving its significant growth aspirations. You will be part of the senior leadership team, tasked with ensuring that business processes, branch compliance, systems performance, business planning and the customer journey are all in line with the business growth and quickly recognising where improvements can be made.
In addition, you will be managing 3 direct reports, who manage a team of 30 (soon to increase to a team of 50). You will enjoy:
- Constantly assessing how to improve the customer journey; through customer mapping ensure service levels are the best in industry.
- Liaising with global factories and acting as their contact, ensuring open lines of communication with the UK
- Understanding the current supply chain / procurement challenges; ensuring the team have optimal stock management and operate effectively (currently with a monthly stock value of £15 million, expected to increase significantly within two years)
- Improving systems and processes to cope with meeting the customers current and future needs; testing, implementing, business planning, analysis, rigorous quality assurance and training.
- Ensuring your team are high performing and adapting to continuous improvements; resourcing planning, motivating, up-skilling and are results driven within a collaborative environment
The role is an extremely varied senior leadership role that would fully utilise your extensive operations experience gained within a large organisation. Your wonderful people management, business planning, insight into the supply chain, customer journey initiatives and enterprise mind-set will be fully utilised within an organisation with exciting growth plans.Operations Skills & Attributes:
- Proven experience of leadership experience; contributing to operational strategic plans, leading change management programmes, effective team leadership and highly solutions focused with the ability to review processes and pinpoint opportunities to make operational improvements.
- Ability to consider business risk, analytic thinker, enjoys understanding data and highly emotionally intelligent.
- Considerable operations experienced gained in a large and complex organisation.
Location: Hatfield / Hybrid working (you will need to be able to work from the Hatfield office)
Benefits: Car allowance, bonus, private medical, generous holiday entitlement, pension, life insurance, gym, free parking etc.