Chief Procurement Officer - Automotive
A brand-new opportunity is available to work for a highly successful, high-profile company who work within emerging EV technologies to convert vehicles into zero emission powertrains.
This is a brand-new role, due to the planned, strategic growth of the whole group. The Chief Procurement Officer will have overall responsibility for Procurement and Quality activities across the business.
- Create and implement best practice purchasing vision, strategy, policies, processes, and procedures to aid and improve business performance
- Ensure that purchasing strategies and processes are in place to meet business objectives and operational needs in terms of price, quality, and delivery target to be effective and competitive in the market sector, Including:
- Terms and conditions, supplier selection/de-selection, evaluation and rationalisation of supply chain solutions including vendor managed inventory, supplier consignments and safety stock
- Evaluate the challenges faced by the business and take action to mitigate risks and develop opportunities
- Contribute to overall business strategy and annual budget process
- Take ownership of the purchasing policy, guidelines, and any associated documents
- Responsible for managing relationships, building partnerships and negotiating with key suppliers at a senior and strategic level to ensure value for money, quality standards and best delivery terms
- Working with internal stakeholders to obtain technical and operational input
- Develop an overall vendor base which creates and sustains a competitive advantage utilising global market exploitation, leveraging spends and leveraging technologies
- Enable an evaluation process to measure effective supplier performance and compliance
- Ensure professional and consistent supplier management is applied across the supply base in line with the purchasing policy.
- Work closely with Research Development to source new and alternative solutions.
- Ensure effective Stores Management including stock control and obsolescence/stock wastage risk
- Ensure effective Quality Management including PPAP approval, Quality Inspection, and ROFW when required.
- Provide leadership to Supply Chain functions.
- Coach, mentor and develop direct reports ensuring they have the right training to maintain continuous improvement, added value and cost reductions
- Set department objectives and monitor ongoing progress and performance
- Ensure strong communication between teams under leadership to facilitate exchange of information and to implement change and improvements
- Ensure that the function operates in accordance with any health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and well being of staff and visitors
- Responsible for developing the appropriate organisational structure, resource plans and culture to support the business objectives and customer deliverables
- Complete regular performance reviews, manage attendance, holidays, disciplinary issues and procedures as appropriate
- Responsible for supply chain budgets, preparing annual purchasing budget and forecast from identification to completion of projects
- Review opportunities to be as environmentally friendly as possible
Key Skills & Experience required:
- 5+ years' experience in a similar role leading a purchasing function, delivering effective purchasing strategies
- Proven leadership and management skills with the ability to optimise team performance and development
- Natural leadership skills to inspire and motivate the team
- Strong & confident communicator with excellent relationship management skills and the ability to engage, influence, negotiate and manage key stakeholders at all levels and suppliers
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Results orientated with ability to plan and deliver against project deadlines
- Commercially and financially astute with experience of managing budgets
- Resilient, optimistic with a collaborative approach to others
- Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure
- Preferably a Fellow or member of the Chartered institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS)
- Knowledge and technical understanding of automotive processes and components and supply chain management
- Computer literate, especially Excel skills
- Experience of SAP would be advantageous
This is an excellent opportunity to head up an important strategic part of a growing business and truly make a difference within an expanding market leading organisation. As such a competitive salary of GBP65k-GBP70k is available for the right experience.
TD Group Limited acts as an employment business for interim positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. TD Group is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.