MacKenzie King are delighted to be recruiting a Finance Director for Orchard Group, one of the market leaders within the commercial interiors sector. With a head office based in Essex, the company has sites throughout the country ranging from small design and build fit- outs to huge warehouse refurbishments. Orchard prides itself on its robust position within the industry which has been built on years of reliable but innovative performance within the market.
Orchard is a privately owned company with a small but committed team who are focussed on maintaining their reputation within the sector and building a stronger future.
This role will play a pivotal role on the senior leadership team and will report directly into the Managing Director. It will be responsible for managing a small finance team.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Monthly management accounts preparation, ensuring commentary on variances is accurate and useful. This will include evaluating, interpreting and investigating the cause of any material variances.
- Enhance profit forecasting system and investigate variances to full conclusion
- Investigate commercial opportunities to support MD in decision making
- Tighten cost control to increase margin per contract
- Account for intercompany transactions pre consolidation.
- Preparation and reporting of budgets and forecasts, working with the management team to interrogate and challenge their financial performance.
- Design, implement and maintain KPI dashboards to support decision making.
- Responsible for addressing queries from the leadership team including producing analysis of profit margins by contract.
- Continuously seek opportunities to improve the performance of the finance function and internal controls through the evaluation and optimisation of processes.
- Integrate with all departments and provide input into tender processes where needed.
- Provide financial information to the Leadership team to enable them to achieve objectives.
- Working with the Company Board in formulating strategy and long term plans.
- Responsible for overall financial control and day to day reporting.
- Lead & develop the small Finance team.
- Formulation and ensuring implementation of Credit Control policy.
- Responsible for Treasury matters including maintaining the relationship with the Bank.
- Researching and reporting on factors influencing business performance.
- Qualified Accountant
- Experience of being part of a senior leadership team
- Previous experience managing, mentoring and coaching a team
- Energy, drive and ambition.
- A strategic approach with an eye for detail
- An enquiring mind and an appetite to challenge when necessary