Head of Technology | PHP | Martech! | Hybrid -3 days in Watford
Head of technology required for a fast growing, ambitious marketing, and technology company.
Our client is a software house developing highly transactional gaming/gambling web applications. You will be reporting directly to the MD and have the overall responsibility for the leading ship of the technical teams (30 total tech ppl). You will be the link between the technology team and the other (non-technical) stake holders across the business internally and with external suppliers/customers/vendors. It's a huge role! Whilst this role is non-technical in day-to-day terms it would be highly beneficial if you have come from a previous PHP background or have managed PHP development teams in the past as our client's web applications are heavily PHP based. HUGE environment here, £millions of revenue and Millions of web page interactions taking place through our clients applications daily that you will ultimately have the technical responsibility for.... an exciting prospect!Responsibilities:
- Lead the technology team to continue the planning, development, and implementation of the roadmap, including timely decommissioning of our legacy systems and the creation and transition to a sustainable architecture, based on best practice
- Own the planning and prioritising of resources across the Technology team to ensure an effective balance between our tech transformation, our BAU project delivery and ongoing maintenance and support of our platforms and services
- Ensure that a clear vision and delivery plan for our technology services is communicated to all staff and that ongoing delivery is transparent and well- communicated across the group and that all dependencies and risk are well managed
- Ensure teams are well-balanced and have (or to have access to) the correct skills to succeed.
Ideal candidate will have hands-on experience in the following areas
Technical environment your team will be working on:
- Previous experience in a senior software engineering role (preferably architect level)
- A track record of running a technology organisation
- A track record of building and scaling high functioning technology organisations
- A track record of developing technology strategies aligned with business objectives and following through with exceptional planning and tactical execution
- Previous entrepreneurial or division head experience
- Experience in high performance/high throughput platforms
- Still remains hands-on with technology on some level
- Equally strong in people management and organisational structure as in technology - appreciative & supportive of the role people play in bringing tech to life
- Able to identify gaps, weaknesses and risks on all levels of the technology organisation and plan and mitigate accordingly so that it remains robust and able to deliver in the face of change
- PHP Development
- AWS ecosystem
- DevOps Culture and tooling
- LAMP stack
A brilliant opportunity to develop your career & work in a fast-paced, fun andgrowing company.
An awesome office environment complete with an in-house chef, a gamesroom and the best video conferencing equipment to make it a fantastic place to work.Flat structure, transparency and supportive culture mean that the team are instilled with a strong sense of purpose and ownership, all whilst being supported to reach their career and development goals.
- Competitive salary + annual bonus
- Breakfast & lunch prepared by our team chef, with the occasional treat thrown in too!
- Longevity bonuses, wellness incentive & company goal bonuses
- Option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays
- Free gym membership
- Free private healthcare
- A free parking space
Head of Technology| PHP | Martech! | Hybrid -3 days in Watford