Interim Head of Legal Services & Deputy Monitoring Officer - Remote Working - £550 - £750 per day Umbrella - Midlands
Venn Group's specialist legal team are delighted to be recruiting for an Interim Head of Legal Services and Deputy Monitoring Officer
to join a Local Authority in the Midlands
. This position would be to begin in mid-July so would suit those candidates who are either coming to the end of an assignment or would like provide a few weeks' notice.
This assignment will be for an initial period of 3-6 months
to cover permanent recruitment into the post. The role will be worked on a remote working basis
, however office attendance for statutory meetings may be required on occasion. The Authority are seeking someone for either 4 or 5 days per week.
The ideal candidate would be someone with experience of leading Legal Services Departments within the Public Sector and acting as either Deputy Monitoring Officer or Monitoring Officer.Duties may include:
- Leading in house legal team of c40 staff and Democratic Services team c20 staff
- Acting as key partner working closely with Statutory Officers on key strategic issues and FOI complaints
- Acting as key partner with CEx and Statutory Officers, DFE Advisors and DFE Improvement Chair in reporting and monitoring high profile legacy cases and necessary service improvements
- Introducing proactive engagement with Cabinet and Group Leaders on key legal issues impacting the council
- Handling various code of conduct issues and determining complaints on behalf of Monitoring Officer and Appeals and advisor to Standards Panel, recommending new arrangements for handling complaints
- Acting as Deputy Monitoring Officer at all Full Council and Cabinet meetings including supporting Director of Legal and acting as lead advisor to Audit and Governance Committee
- Deputising for Monitoring Officer as required
An attractive daily rate
of £550 - £750 Umbrella
is offered for this position dependant on experience.