Established in 2008, Redgrave is a successful and fast-growing, search and assessment firm, that delivers exceptional leadership services by thinking beyond the conventional parameters of the industry.
Based in London, Redgrave primarily works at board level and up to two levels below, across a broad range of business sectors and functions, with clients ranging from FTSE 100 companies to Private Equity backed and privately-owned businesses.
Whilst most of the firm’s searches are for roles based in the UK, nearly 20% of the mandates are International in nature and Redgrave has been successful in closing assignments in over 20 different countries across EMEA, Asia, Australia and the US.
Redgrave’s vision is to partner with clients to help create leadership teams to drive success. They pride themselves on the long-term relationships they build with clients, based on trust and understanding which has demonstrated a commitment to go above and beyond to deliver every time.
At the end of 2021, Redgrave secured a significant investment from Woodberry Capital, a private investment firm that backs non-institutional, private capital in businesses with the potential to create substantial long-term value. This investment, in the form of a minority shareholding in the business, has provided additional funding to support the next phase of Redgrave’s expansion.
Under the leadership of Paul Burnell, who was promoted to CEO at the turn of the year, and with the support of Woodberry Capital, Redgrave’s aim is to double the size of the business over the next five years. This expansion is likely to involve opening an office in New York as well as expanding the specialist capability offered by the firm, as Redgrave aims to be recognised as the go-to, independent search firm in all sectors in which it operates.
In support of the next phase of expansion and as part of an ongoing investment in infrastructure, Redgrave is seeking to appoint their first ever Marketing Director. This newly created role will be integral to the business and will report directly to the CEO, Paul Burnell.
Redgrave has always enjoyed very high levels of repeat business from existing clients and has, traditionally, supplemented this activity with a sales-led approach to additional business development.
However, in support of the firm’s ambitious growth plans, Redgrave is now seeking a Marketing Director to help transform its business development strategy, by adding sophistication, consistency, professionalism and a strong element of brand and marketing activity to the existing approach.
The Marketing Director will be accountable for developing and executing best-in-class, end-to-end marketing activity, in support of Redgrave’s ambitious growth plans.
- Evaluate, establish and deliver an ongoing and consistent programme of brand and marketing activity in support of Redgrave’s strategic vision
- Build and maintain a visible and commercially effective online presence and social media strategy, bringing knowledge and expertise to help improve the look, feel and functionality of Redgrave’s company website and the firm’s use of social media platforms, e.g. LinkedIn, Twitter etc.
- Enhance and create uniformity around the use and visibility of Redgrave’s brand and all associated communications/PR, ensuring that the brand remains consistent and aligned with the company’s core values and principles
- Create and maintain a successful communication and PR strategy for both internal and external communication. Help raise the profile of the business in all of its chosen markets/sectors
- Establish and help to organise an ongoing schedule of events/dinners that drive brand awareness and client engagement
- Produce regular, data-led reports on brand performance and client engagement, demonstrating the ROI of marketing-related expenditure, along with industry trends & competitor benchmarks trends, using the insight to help drive performance
- Responsible for helping Redgrave to build an accurate, engaging and compelling employer brand and industry reputation to support their future hiring ambitions
- Establishing and controlling the overall marketing budget, demonstrating the ROI from all activity and advising the CEO on future investment and budget requirements
The Marketing Director will need to be an experienced and commercially minded, marketing professional, with experience gained within a professional services environment.
As this is a very hands-on role, the individual will need to be as motivated by delivering the marketing activity as they will be in establishing the overall strategy and approach. This is a stand-alone role, at least until the need for further support has been proven.
With a strong brand and digital marketing background, extensive B2B skills are essential for this role, along with a pragmatic, commercially minded and broad set of experiences.
The role will suit a creative and disciplined individual, someone with a genuine focus on delivery and a methodical and practical approach to ensuring a strong ROI across all activity and channels.
The Head of Marketing will have end-to-end responsibility for the entire marketing proposition, working alongside the senior management team to establish and execute an effective marketing strategy. As a consequence, this role requires a strong intellect, high levels of credibility and first-class communication, collaboration and stakeholder management skills.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCED REQUIRED
- Proven experience as a Head of Marketing/Marketing Director within a B2B professional services environment
- Other sectors are relevant too, although extensive B2B experience is essential
- Proven 360 marketer, with a track record of working across the entire marketing function – Brand, Business Development, Social Media, Data, Events and Communications
- Professional chartered marketer (CIM) is desirable
- Excellent interpersonal skills and high levels of emotional intelligence.
- Inquisitive, challenging, collaborative, creative, original.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
Redgrave is a modern, agile and inclusive employer. Whilst we are conscious that we need a reasonable about of time and commitment from our Marketing Director, we are not tied to any fixed working pattern for this role. As a result, we will be happy to flex the working arrangements, within reason, to suit the needs of the individual appointed to this critical role.
Some attendance at the office and at events will be necessary but, we can be flexible with regards to the blend of office and home working for this role.
REDGRAVE’S VALUES AND CULTURE
Redgrave prides itself on being able to build genuine human connections, whether that be with clients, candidates or colleagues. Everyone at Redgrave takes their work seriously whilst also working hard to enjoy their work, the office environment and the individual and company-wide success that tends to come from hard work and talent.
Redgrave is inclusive, non-political and non-hierarchical and everyone at the firm play an important role in maintaining a vibrant, welcoming, fun and energising work environment.
Any hard-working, talented, pragmatic and hands-on individual is likely to thrive at the firm and truly become part of the Redgrave family.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Redgrave is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and they pride themselves in being an equal opportunity employer. Redgrave are working on increasing their diversity throughout the business and welcome applicants from all backgrounds regardless of age, disability, gender identity, race, gender, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or religion.
SALARY & BENEFITS