Director of Strategy, Information and Transformation
- The business is undergoing significant change and transformation.
- The opportunity to drive and manage transformational change.
About Our Client
The Director of Strategy, Information and Transformation is a new senior appointment for the University of East London, created to support the delivery of its Vision 2028.
Our ambitious but achievable goal is to become the leading careers-focused, enterprising University in the UK, one which both prepares our students for the jobs of the future and provides the innovation to drive that future sustainably and inclusively. This is an ambitious 10-year strategy that will see the University at the forefront of careers-led education - a springboard for the jobs, innovations and opportunities for the future. The University is committed to advancing knowledge and driving innovation for positive change for people and the planet. We have over the last 3 years become debt-free and expanded rapidly achieving a £200m turnover in 2022.
This role is a key member of the Deputy Vice-Chancellors team supporting the Vice-Chancellor and the senior team to deliver the University's transformation programme. You will be a key participant in the University's Executive Board.
The portfolio is supported by £240m of self-funded investment and is a substantive element of the delivery of our University strategy.
At its heart is a commitment to continue significant investment in technology and our physical estate to transform our staff and students' experience.
Overarching key responsibilities will include:
- Forming and leading the Transformation function
- Providing institutional support for strategy development
- Planning and risk management
- Tracking and evaluating institutional performance
- Data and insight
- Policy analysis
Specific key responsibilities will include:
- Working collaboratively with the University's Executive, School Deans and specifically with the Deputy Vice-Chancellors team that incorporates the Directors of Finance, Estates Development, Facilities, IT and HR to shape and deliver the core change portfolio of the University.
- Leading the development and operation of the Transformation Office working closely with partners.
- Building and leading a high performing team of specialists in agile project delivery, business architecture, and people-centred design.
- Developing transparent and accountable methodologies to assess and prioritise projects and establishing new projects as part of the Transformation Office portfolio.
- Providing confidence and assurance to Senior Stakeholders and the Senior Leadership team that projects are being delivered efficiently, embedding appropriate reporting processes to inform University governing bodies.
- Building capability to review, challenge, and shape projects for success as a service to the University community, utilising data and research to inform proposals.
- Delivering the highest standards of quality and cost-effectiveness, including the production of business plans and financial forecasts and overseeing the delivery of agreed targets.
- Providing a professional people-centred design framework by championing an inclusive, values-driven culture that is relentlessly collaborative in all aspects of the Transformation Office operations and in dealings with partners and the university community.
- Monitoring and analysing the project portfolio as it is delivered, to provide strategic insights and guidance to the leadership team, enabling proactive executive decisions that optimise performance.
- Contribute to the organisational strategy.
- Ensure the provision of management information and analytics and maximise the opportunities provided by digital technologies.
- Leading the design and implementation of excellent University-wide planning processes, including institutional strategy, unit planning and student number planning and forecasting.
- Leading the design and implementation of effective methods and processes for monitoring and evaluating institutional performance and mitigating institutional risks.
- Guiding analysis and evaluation of strategic opportunities and options and supporting strategic decision-making with good evidence and expert advice.
- Tracking external policy and market developments, applying insights gained to advising on strategic decision-making.
The Successful Applicant
- Strong track record of delivering transformation and driving performance improvement in individuals, functions and organisations.
- Experience in delivering customer-centric services.
- Thrive in environments where change is the norm and be prepared to meet the challenges of a continually evolving Higher Education landscape.
- Experience in developing and delivering large scale programmes and projects.
- Be driven and focused on making a positive difference.
- Experience in building and developing high performing and aspirational teams.
- High self-awareness and desire to take personal responsibility.
- Evidence of advancing own and others' confident competence.
- Possess exceptional leadership, interpersonal and communication skills that enable you to build rapport across a broad cross-section of internal and external stakeholders.
- As with all senior roles at UEL, the Director is expected to share the University's values including around civic engagement and celebration of the inclusivity and diversity of its community.
- Evidence of improving staff and wider community health and wellbeing.
What's on Offer
A competitive package to be discussed on a one to one basis.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPFEJN0520225592833Z
Apply for Director of Strategy, Information and Transformation
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly