Director of Finance
- Exciting opportunity for a Director of Finance to join a growing university.
- Hybrid role, working closely with the Vice Chancellor.
About Our Client
Our ambitious but achievable goal is to become the leading careers-focused, enterprising University in the UK, one which both prepares our students for the jobs of the future and provides the innovation to drive that future sustainably and inclusively. This is an ambitious 10-year strategy that will see the University at the forefront of careers-led education - a springboard for the jobs, innovations and opportunities for the future. The university is committed to advancing knowledge and driving innovation for positive change for people and the planet. We have over the last 3 years become debt free and expanded rapidly achieving £200m turnover in 2022.
This role is a key member of the Deputy Vice-Chancellors team supporting the Vice-Chancellor and the senior team to deliver the University's transformation programme. You will be a key participant in the University's Management Board.
Key responsibilities will include.
- Working closely with the rest of the Executive Team to contribute to the strategic leadership and management of the university, playing a crucial role in the continuing the success of the university
- Leading, motivating and developing Finance, Finance Systems, Business Planning and Procurement functions for the university.
- Managing the finance function in order to deliver robust financial controls, improving performance and mitigating the risk for UEL, whilst ensuring there is an effective treasury strategy in place for the future growth and development strategy.
- Ensuring the university is resourced with the appropriate skills, capabilities, systems and processes to deliver the strategies that are put in place by the executive.
- Providing strong commercially focused advice and input both in relation to the wider business strategy and specifically finance.
The Successful Applicant
You will be a qualified accountant with a proven track record of achievement, with the ability to drive and manage a diverse workforce. The ideal candidate will have worked in education or other relevant industries combined with some out of sector experience, they will also have a strong track record of managing an operational finance team with some exposure to treasury or capital expenditure. It is also important they previously held a senior management position with regular exposure to an Executive Team and the Board.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to join a high performing team, making a real impact on a growing university. We believe this to be one of the most unique opportunities of its kind currently in the market.
What's on Offer
A competitive package.
Closing date for this position is the 2nd June 2022.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPFE0520225598716Z
Apply for Director of Finance
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly