Category Manager - Packaging
My global FMCG packaging manufacturing client are looking to recruit a Category Manager - Packaging (UK wide - home based w/ site travel. The role will provide a single point of accountability for sourcing performance in relation to the packaging category and requires a high degree of product and market focus.
My client are a global market leader within the packaging sector, predominantly supplying into the FMCG sector. They have a sizeable manufacturing footprint across a multi-site manufacturing operation and a central procurement function to suit!
They have gone through a period of transformation, growth and investment in the last few years and are now looking to recruit a Category Manager - Packaging to bolster the team following an internal promotion!
DescriptionThe Category Manager - Packaging will develop and implement a robust and effective category-based sourcing strategy for packaging including:
- A structured analysis of historic spend and robust forecasts of future requirements
- A thorough analysis of current supply and future potential supply possibilities
- Engagement of key stakeholders across the businesses, and development of strategies through an inclusive, team approach - achievement of stakeholder buy-in to changes
- Implementation of strategy through a planned and structured project management-based approach
- Develop a detailed knowledge of the packaging category, the suppliers and key cost drivers to take advantage of opportunities, and to pre-empt and mitigate risks
- Lead supplier negotiations to deliver significant cost savings and supply chain improvements
- Apply leverage strategies where applicable e.g. reverse auctions
- Effectively monitor the performance of the suppliers at site level, and consolidate at group level to determine a balanced view of supplier performance to the business
- Drive innovation from the supply chain
- Graduate calibre preferably with a business and/or technical degree Experience in a strategic purchasing role within multi-site, multi-region, multi-cultural organisationsA commitment to continuous personal and professional development, ideally CIPS qualifiedStrong interpersonal, analytical, influencing and negotiating skillsOrganisational and priority management skills, requirement to travel between sitesResults focused with sound commercial and financial awarenessBe self-motivated, standards driven, with a keen eye for detail and be computer literateAbility to prioritise workload and manage multiple projects across multiple locations
The successful candidate will be offered up to £50,000 (potential flex based on experience and profile) plus £4.5k car allowance, 10% bonus potential, 4% matched pension and more...
This is a home-based role (ideally Midland's or East Anglia based) with UK site travel required.