Sales & Marketing Director
We are currently seeking a Sales and Marketing Director for a private equity backed, engineered solutions group. The business has a Midlands HQ, with a national remit. It designs and manufactures safety-critical components for wear-resistant applications and supply customers operating across a number of large and growing end markets.
Their engineered led solutions have created a “sticky“ customer base, with high levels of repeat revenues providing a solid platform to deliver £33m of sales and very positive EBITDA in the current year to December. The business has a strong product development pipeline, but there is also growth potential from existing products launched recently, to generate a c£60m revenue and £10m EBITDA business by 2025.
The Sales and Marketing Director will report to the CEO and take responsibility for the strategic sales & commercial leadership that will deliver the global sales objectives. These will be achieved by maximising profit margins and generating successful sales onto new & existing customers in the Renewables and Offshore Oil and Gas sectors.
- Responsible for planning, developing & implementing the global sales strategy in accordance with the business plan & in conjunction with the executive team
- Lead the sales drive & deliver the revenues to meet the business plan
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to create innovation (product development, process development)
- Conduct domestic & overseas sales visits in the pursuit & development of strategic sales
- Create a culture of customer service/care which exceeds customer expectations & global best practice
- Monitor competitor activities and develop a detailed network of market intelligence, focusing on product & development opportunities, developing markets, products & technical advances
- Provide strategic guidance on corporate marketing activity including target markets, communication strategy, identifying the value proposition, using the best methods/tools to create lead generation and to maximise the organisations exposure
- Propose & agree the sales budget for the ensuring period in terms of product quantities & product prices
- Attend exhibitions and PR functions and be prepared to travel within the UK and overseas on business
Skills and Qualifications
- Degree calibre with an engineering or technical background and at least 10 years working at sales leadership level within the off shore oil, gas or renewables sector.
- A leader that presents excellent communicator skills, highly organised and gravitas to building strong internal & external relationships at a senior/board level
- Experienced in all aspects of sales & marketing management. Be able to co-ordinate multiple activities, handle key accounts and have a proven track record of leading teams to create success.
- A natural leader with exceptional EQ, demonstrates passion and commitment and inspires the same in others.
- Entrepreneurial, large company discipline combined with small company attitude.
- Hands-on, combining strong strategic planning skills with an eye for detail and a willingness to roll-the-sleeves-up when necessary.
- Motivated, focused and driven, absorbs pressure and delivers results.
- Unquestionable integrity, sets high standards for themselves and others
- A competitive and attractive basic salary plus benefits including car allowance, pension, life insurance, healthcare etc. will be available.
- Equity will be available, quantum tbc.
- Bonus scheme depending on personal and company performance against budget.