Sanctions Policy VP
Sanctions Policy VP - Wholesale Banking
Are you someone who loves interpretating and articulating Sanctions regulations, and delivering complex information in a way that is simple and easy to understand? This role is for someone who keeps up to date with changes in regulation and legislations, and enjoys communicating the impacts on the Bank.
- Promotes and encourages good culture and behaviours personally and across the Team, in line with AML Risk.
- Identifies, assesses, manages and reports risks, taking proactive personal responsibility for 'doing the right thing' in compliance with regulatory requirements and our frameworks and policies.
- Progresses specific actions that could minimise or mitigate risks identified (eg conduct risk, operational risk, credit risk etc.) and ensure 100% completion of mandatory training and any other role specific training required.
- Highlights specific business risks within projects to minimise and avoid risk
- Maintains effective internal control systems, where appropriate
- Ensures appropriate governance is followed for sign off of policies, documents, Comms.
- Proactively supports the bank in meeting its business, legal, regulatory and stakeholder obligations in respect of Sanctions and wider Financial Crime Compliance. Including identifying, deterring, detecting and disrupting money laundering, sanctions noncompliance, terrorist financing, bribery, corruption and tax evasion risks that arise by way of its activities.
- Sanctions Subject Matter Expert
- Good understanding of the financial services industry and the political and economic environment.
- Good knowledge and understanding of regulatory framework of UK financial services, industry trends and best practice
- Experience of working in Policy & Advisory across different aspects of financial services/financial markets
- Experience of policy drafting in a Compliance environment
- Able to apply commerciality and judgement from a regulatory perspective to internal and market information
- Ability to analyse and evaluate complex issues and sound judgement in determining appropriate actions/solutions
- Excellent attention to detail, interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Excellent analytical, interpretation, influencing and communication skills; with an ability to communicate and network effectively to influence management and external parties
- Demonstrated experience in developing relations with senior stakeholders
- Organisation skills and the ability to develop risk management strategies and processes
- Proven report writing skills