Chief Executive Officer
StubHub International (SHI) is an online live event ticket marketplace that enables fans a transparent, and trusted environment to buy and sell tickets for sports, concerts, theatres, and other live entertainment everywhere outside of North America.
Working closely with Digital Fuel Capital, the CEO will supervise and control all strategic and business aspects of the company and be the first in command, responsible for giving clear strategic direction as well as creating a vision for success.
Develop high quality business strategies and plans ensuring their alignment with short-term and long-term objectives for the business.
- Transform the company’s approach toward one of ownership, urgency, and business performance benefits.
- Lead, develop and motivate the executive team to ensure that productivity is maximised.
- Work with the executive board to determine values and mission, and plan for short and long-term goals.
- Develop the company’s culture and overall company vision by bringing together the all the component parts of this international business and to act as one unit.
- Oversee all daily operations and business activities to ensure they produce the desired results and are consistent with the overall strategy and mission
Principal Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Together with the executive team, make qualified product and systems investment decisions to drive down cost, improve efficiency to advance the business and increase profits.
- Ensure transformation programmes and projects are delivered to promised business case on-time, on-budget, realised benefits within a best practice governance framework.
- Enforce adherence to legal guidelines and in-house policies to maintain the company’s legality and business ethics.
- Ensures the relationship between Management and Boards/Committees is effective and harmonious. Reports and papers are concise and appropriate.
- Working with the CFO, review senior level financial and non-financial reports to devise solutions or improvements, and oversee the company’s fiscal activity, including budgeting, reporting, and auditing.
- Communicating, on behalf of the company, with shareholders, relevant government entities, and the public.
- Build trust relations with key partners and stakeholders and act as a point of contact for the investors.
- Analyse problematic situations and occurrences and provide solutions to ensure company survival and growth.
- Establishes and maintains a high-performance culture through effective performance management, learning & development, and engagement.
- Is highly visible within the organisation and promotes and fosters a culture that is inclusive, drive the SHI values with strong communication and eliminates silos.
Scope and Impact:
- Personal and shared (with senior leadership team) responsibility for StubHub International
- International, the leading independent event ticket marketplace outside North America.
- Shared accountability with senior leadership team for outcomes that sustain and enhance profitable growth.
- Responsibility to influence and manage department budgets (salaries, bonuses, consulting, vendor costs, etc.), schedules and deadlines, and ensure they meet the company’s overall needs.
- Where appropriate ensures the development of effective lobbying strategies to the industry and government in order to promote the interests of the members locally and internationally.
Experience and Proven Ability Required:
- Proven senior level general management experience in B2C, B2B e-commerce environment.
- Ideally experience with operating and leading marketplace businesses/BUs.
- An entrepreneurial mindset with outstanding organizational and leadership skills.
- Management of diverse teams from a multitude of backgrounds.
- Experience in developing profitable strategies and implementing vision.
- Healthy curiosity and understanding of e commerce platform technology.
- Strong understanding of corporate finance and performance management principles.
- Familiarity with diverse business functions such as marketing, PR, finance, and HR.
- In-depth knowledge of corporate governance and general management best practices.
- Analytical abilities and problem-solving skills.
- Proven record of driving and embedding sustainable cultural change that has led to improved customer satisfaction, improved employee engagement, revenue increase and cost reduction.
Skills and Behavioural Capabilities:
- Leads by example rather than through hierarchy.
- Demonstrates passion and enthusiasm for the organisation vision and motivates, leads and empowers others to achieve organisational goals. Has a hands-on style.
- Inspires and leads other towards high levels of performance.
- Demonstrates an intellectual and professional leadership style that supports the attainment of respect and credibility from others.
- Experience of and committed to driving diversity and inclusion.
- Strong interest in e-commerce technology and its role in commercial performance.
- Ideal candidate has change management experience.
Bachelor’s degree from a reputable University and possibly holding a further qualification at Master’s Level or MBA.