Non-Executive Directors of the Security Industry Authority
Do you want to contribute to an authority which is ensuring that private security operatives are properly trained and qualified to perform their essential duties?
If so, you can do this by becoming a Non-Executive Director (NED) of the Security Industry Authority (SIA). The SIA is an executive Non-Departmental Public Body responsible for regulating the UK private security industry. It is an important delivery partner to protect the public, through ensuring that unsuitable people are prevented from working in the industry. It’s two main duties are:
- the compulsory licensing of individuals undertaking designated activities within the private security industry,
- to manage the voluntary Approved Contractor Scheme (ACS), which measures private security suppliers against independently assessed criteria.
The SIA is looking for two NEDs whose responsibilities will be to work with the Chair and other Authority Members in setting the strategic direction of the Authority, Chair and participate in Authority sub Committees, oversee the work of the Chief Executive in managing the Authority and its delivery programme; and play a key role in representing the SIA in communications with key stakeholders.
We are looking for candidates with a successful track record of achievement in a Board-level or equivalent experience; a thorough understanding of issues arising from delivering services and business improvements within a high profile and sensitive environment; and a good understanding of the wider issues relating to the regulation of the private security industry or a sector with similar characteristics to the private security industry.
This appointments will be for a period of between two to four years.
For further information and details of how to apply, please click the apply button.
The closing date for applications is 23:00 on 21 February 2022.
More searches like this
- Business Services Risk / Compliance Board jobs in London (Central)
- Financial Services Risk / Compliance Board jobs in London (Central)
- Government Risk / Compliance Board jobs in London (Central)
- Public Sector Risk / Compliance Board jobs in London (Central)
- Not for Profit / Charity Risk / Compliance Board jobs in London (Central)